Sugery Unsuccessful

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.

Re: Sugery Unsuccessful

Postby LoveMyDogs » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:31 am

I used the shirt idea and BoBo loved it! It is amazing to see how different he acts without his hat. We are only 3 days away from the stitches being removed and no more hat or shirt!!! :mrgreen:
LoveMyDogs

Postby Helmutsmom » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:07 pm

I tried the boxer shorts with Helmut, somehow he took them off in the night. I am not sure how. I may try again tonight, but his stitches come out Friday.
Helmutsmom

Postby tessa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm

you folks are not going to believe the difference once the stitches come out.
prepare yourselves.
in a good way!
tessa

Postby LoveMyDogs » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am

Now, I'll have to admit he still wears his hat while we are sleeping. But as long as we are at home, he can wear the shirt.
LoveMyDogs

Postby luvmytripod » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:49 am

a very reasonable compromise! :trophy:
luvmytripod

Postby graciethreelegs » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Dear "lovemydogs",
It was encourageing and helpful to read about BoBo. My husband and I are going through simalar to what you went through last month. Gracie's story is; Two days ago my husband accidently drove over her with his truck. Gracie was a vibrant, healthy, active, 2year old chocolate lab. The vet says the nerves in her right armpit have torn. Her right leg is longer than the others. In two to three weeks the vet wants to amputate. I am SO afaid. She is very unsteady and falls often. Thank God seriously she wasn't hurt more and is alive. I am just so sad about this right now. But reading about others that have or are going through the same thing is helpful and hopeful for me. Thank-you for sharing about BoBo and bless you both.
graciethreelegs

Postby LoveMyDogs » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm

I am so happy that our story could help someone else. It really makes it seem like BoBo's misfortune wasn't in vain. I say BoBo's misfortune, but to be completely honest, if you asked him about his missing leg he would say "what leg?". The day he had his surgery and I went to see him I about fell out, I couldn't believe the decision we had made. But after that first rough spot things have done nothing but get better. He is almost completely recovered from the surgery and doing fantastic. As much as it makes me nervous, he is chasing the squirrels in the back yard, playing ball, and jumps on any person that comes in contact with.... We have made a few permanent changes as far as, he is on a multi vitamin and glucosamine, our friend made him a raised dog bed, and we don't let him go up and down stairs when we are not around (we have a million stairs)..... Life is wonderful and BoBo is loving every min. His quality of life has never been better!

:wub:
Attachments
4860_1162752236520_1459264178_30442137_7363566_n.jpg
Here is our Big Guy a week ago.... He is in his new bed
LoveMyDogs

Postby luvmytripod » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:55 am

awwwwww, :wub: :wub: :wub: what a handsome boy!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
luvmytripod

Postby tessa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:01 am

that is one gorgeous dog.
*swoon*
tessa

Postby jennie cooper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:31 pm

What a sweetheart. Our eleven year old lab is three years and counting with only three legs after cancer scare. We were so alarmed at first that we thought we coudln't go through with but are SO glad we did. Baxter has never looked back and other than glucosamine and watching his eating habits we dont do anything out of the ordinary. Loves a walk, loves to sit on our lap, love a mud puddle.
Good luck BoBo...You are a lovely dog!! :P
jennie cooper

Postby critters » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 am

:rainbow: Jennie!
critters
Founding Member

Previous

Return to Amputation

Dog wheelchair small dogs

Dog Wheelchairs
dog wheelchairs