If you care for an elderly, injured or special needs pet, you've come to the right place!
This sweet little Corgi girl needs more medical care. Read full story here and help, if you can...crossposting is also helping.
Updates are most recent on top:
UPDATE ON AVA, July 5, 2012
We are still awaiting the results of Ava's CT scan and the results of her biopsy as to what will need to be done next. We have raised 9% or $275 for Ava but need much more help. If you would like to donate but would prefer to do so by check, please send me an e-mail and I will send you the address to send your check. Ava is feeling better after her exam and is getting back to normal. The swelling still persists and of course it is so hot outside, so Ava doesn't get to visit her friends too much as it is dangerous for dogs to be out for any length of time in this type of hot weather. We all appreciate any help you can give us for Ava in her time of need.
Carol B, Ava and Her Family
UPDATE ON AVA'S CONDITION
I talked with Ava's mom this evening on the phone and Ava is feeling a little better today and has a little more energy. The results of the biopsy have not yet come back so we are still waiting on that. We have collected $225 towards a $2000 bill. Surgery will no doubt be needed but time will tell about that. Any help is appreciated for Ava as she brings so much joy to other people. I will keep updating until we get our total.
Corgi Rescue of Dayton
July 3 10:34pm
Ava is worse
Ava's condition has worsened as the swelling has gotten worse and it seems to be affecting her overall disposition. She has become sluggish and not at energetic as she had been previously. Due to these facts, Ava was taken to the Animal Eye Care Center in Little Falls, NJ where she received a CT scan and a biopsy of the swelling site. The family is very upset over the deterioration of her overall demeanor with fear that it might be something that would require her to be put down. This is something that the family just can't live with as Ava is such a sweet loving dog and they have become very attached to her as has other residents in her area.
For this reason, I am desperatly asking your help to reimburse the family $2,000 that they had to borrow to get the necessary CT scan and biopsy that Ava needed. We only have the 3% of the money needed so any help you can give is more than appreciated. I will know the results of the test tomorrow and will let everyone know what we are dealing with.
Luv, Carol and Ava and Her family
July 2 3:00pm
Little Ava is still waiting for your help so she can get her eye exam. The mass is still growing and with your help we can get her the exam she needs to find out the cause of the mass. Without this exam, Ava could possibly lose the sight in her left eye if it had to be removed because she was unable to get the funds to do the exam. We are only 4% there for Ava. Please help if you can and help Ava as she helps the people that she sees and makes the people happy.
June 29 9:51pm
The mass continues to grow so we need to get this exam ASAP. Ava showed no swelling of the eye prior to her adoption so it was a surprise to everyone when her eye started to swell. We are trying to get enough funds to at least get the exam done and biopsy if needed. Your help is most appreciated.
June 27 12:45am
Ava's Eye Problem
Ava is a 4-year old PB Pembroke Welsh Corgi that was in an abusive home and had a stick rammed through her left eye. After I rescued her, the eye showed that it had been damaged but the vet thought that there was nothing that could be done to increase vision at this time. Ava was adopted to a new home who loves her dearly. However, Ava has now developed a mass at the lateral side of her left eye due to her former injury. So far the ophthalmologist has sent her new owners a bill for $236.00. She now needs a CT scan of the eye in the amount of $1,192.00 plus an additional $700-800 if a biospy is needed. We need to know what we are dealing with immediately and cannot wait months for this to be done. The vet wans the test to be done immediately and neither my Corgi Rescue or the new family has the funds to get this done so we are asking for your help in this matter so that Ava can maybe still lead a normal life.
Ava is bringing so much joy and happiness to the many seniors that live in her community. Here is a letter they wrote to a funding agency that refused Ava help.
Princess Ava is the sweetest and most regally beautiful Corgi who arrived at her new home in New Jersey on April 29, 2012. She was greeted by her appreciative new owners who was eager to get her after her long journey from Ohio to NJ.
Ava, as she is now lovingly called, adjusted well to her new home and wins the hearts of all of the residents at the Pluckemin Park Senior Community. She eagerly seeks out each resident as she makes her daily walks around the community greeting each resident with her warm and loving demeanor. It was a little difficult at first as her new Daddy had suffered a hernia rupture and needed an operation which required a long recuperation. Since her new Mommy still worked, Ava comforted her new Daddy and a wonderful neighbor took Ava for her daily walks. Both her Mommy and Daddy have deep concern for Ava's eye problem and have tenderly cared for her under the vet's guidance. There is also stress on all involved due to the large expenses of this test and what could follow. We would be so appreciative for any help you can give Ava and I know she would give you a "smackin Big Kiss" for it. I will continue to give you updates on Ava as they come along.
Corgi Rescue of Dayton
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest