If you care for an elderly, injured or special needs pet, you've come to the right place!
We are moving to Nasvhille in June/July and might need a temporary rental with our incontinent dog (Bubby) and other furry babies while we wait for the closing date on our house. As you can imagine, this would be quite difficult to find, since many people do not love animals the way we do, and would not be understanding of the mess, even though we are very good about keeping it contained and cleaned up. Here are the specifics of what we would need:
1. 1 - 3 month rental (month to month, no lease)
2. Permission to lay down sections of vinyl flooring (taped on top of other flooring is ok) in parts of the living room and one bedroom. It would be best if it did not have carpeting, but we could probably figure it out if it did. This is to protect the floor, and also to allow Bubby to move around with her 2 front legs. Vinyl is the only thing we have found that has enough traction and is also easily cleanable for when she has accidents.
3. No more than $600/month.
4. Permission to have our 2 dogs and 2 cats, and no crazy, unreasonable deposits. We will pay for any damages, but it is unlikely there will be any. All 4 are neutered/spayed, do not chew or scratch the walls.
Our furry babies:
- Bubby is an Aussie/Lab mix, about 70 pounds, house trained, but incontinent, due to a spinal injury 2 1/2 years ago. Only has use of her front 2 legs.
- Bella is a Bernese Mountain Dog mix, about 80 pounds, house trained, has a scary bark, is afraid of dogs she doesn't know, but is very sweet.
- Fiona is a small domestic cat, house trained.
- Boo is a medium sized domestic cat, house trained.
We would even stay in someone's basement. It doesn't have to be fancy. It's just me and my husband, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Must the rental be in Nashville proper? If not, how close? I have contacts in middle Tennessee, and lots of animal-loving people, but very few who live right in Nashville. I would be happy to spread the word if you are still looking!
Thanks. My husband's job is in SE Nashville, Priest Lake area, so it would have to be within 30 min of there, but we are under contract on a house now, and closing should be at the end of July. so hopefully, it all goes well with that, we won't need the rental. I will just wait and move with the dogs after we close. Thanks for offering to help though. It means a lot. I will re-post if the house falls through or our situation changes.
Congratulations on the house! I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out beautifully! Don't hesitate to contact me if something changes, and I will do what I can. We are involved with The Elephant Sanctuary and so are friendly with board members and volunteers in Nashville and environs. Good luck with your move and love to Bubby and friends!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests