Help Needed: Cat Cart needed *LINK*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Angelo Aresco

Help Needed: Cat Cart needed *LINK*

Post by Angelo Aresco »

I'm looking for a used cart for a crippled Feline. A local lady who runs a cat shelter here in Idaho has a plea for help with one her cats that was crippled by a dog attack. If anyone has a cat cart they can donate or sell at a reduced price please drop me or Teresa a email. Her website is www.conradstrays.com look for the story about "Paralyzed kitten needs your help1" it's sad!! Please help this lady out, she does so much good for the community!!!

Beautiful kitty needs help!!!!
CarolC

Re: Help Needed: Cat Cart needed *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Hi Angelo,

Please keep checking for answers to your question for several days. Not everybody comes by every day but there are several diaper kitties and paralyzed kitties here.

I am responding to something I read on your kitty's website (she's soooo pretty!) about wanting diapers and diaper liners from PetsMart. Please look at the link below and you can see an example of what is usually done with the diaper kitties discussed on this website. They just wear Pampers or Huggies with a hole cut for the tail. As you can see, Fripple is wearing his in the picture.

CLICK HERE to see a diaper kitty named Fripple
CarolC

More on diapers *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

You might get lucky and your kitty might like the kind from PetsMart--I don't know. However, if you have trouble keeping her in them, there is a brand recommended by Cat Fancy Magazine that will stay on. Please click the link below to see them.

[url=http://www,joybies.com]CLICK HERE for cat diapers that stay on[/url]
CarolC

Care of paralyzed cat - Trixie's website *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

For lots of helpful info on caring for a paralyzed cat, please click on the link below.

CLICK HERE for care of paralyzed cat
CarolC

Litter Box *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Hi Angelo,

It says in the kitty's webpage that she has bladder control. Have you let her try using a litter box? Paralyzed kitties with bladder control can use a litter box if they have one adapted so they can get into it and out of it. Click below to see an example.

CLICK HERE to see one adapted litter box
CarolC

Another litter box *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

You can also set up a litter box for a paralyzed kitty even if you do not have handyman skills. Please click the link below for instructions.

CLICK HERE to read about another litter box
CarolC

Oops!--here's the link typed correctly *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

CarolC

Used carts *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Hi Angelo,

Doggon' Wheels also makes carts for kitties, and they have refurbished carts at a savings. If you click the link at the end of this message, it gives you contact info to see what they have in stock that is secondhand and cheaper.

CLICK HERE for used carts from Doggon' Wheels
critters
Founding Member

Re: Help Needed: Cat Cart needed *LINK*

Post by critters »

I was going to suggest, as Carol did, about regular diapers. Many kitties around here use size 1 baby diapers, which I'd bet are cheaper. As for carts, you can also do homemade. Somebody here got a high school shop class to make a cart for practically nothing. http://www.handicappedpets.com/HomemadeCarts.htm

You can also email markr @ handicappedpets . com (remove spaces) to see if the cart-loan program has any kitty-size models.

All cart info (some companies are cheaper) http://www.handicappedpets.com/wheelorder1.htm

Good luck!

http://www.handicappedpets.com/wheelorder1.htm