News: Weeble & his cart

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Weeble's :o~ mom Beth

Re: News: Weeble & his cart

Post by Weeble's :o~ mom Beth »

Thank you Paul!I do hope something can be done.

Jerry~ The woman I spoke to is the owner of the company, can't get much higher than that. Her coments about the handicapped kitties was totally out of line, & then her asking me if Weeble was happy....ummm,like I don't know my own dog!
Carol~ Yes I saw that I can get up to 65% of my money refunded, ut she did tell me there is absolutely no refunds on the quad carts.
Have not heard back yet from Eddies Wheels, hopefully tomorrow. Am hoping if they can help my Weeble that they will except payments, cuz even if I do get a full refund from k9 carts ($375) I would still have to come up with $350 for the other cart, which I don't have floating around at the moment.
Will let ya'll know when I hear something.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Was the womans name Krys??
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Beth,

I ended up buying a K-9 Cart I couldn't use and donated it to the rehab clinic my dog goes to. I chose K-9 Carts because Wheely Willy has a K-9 Cart and my dog is a chihuahua, but the cart they sent me did not resemble Willy's and it was too heavy for her. As I keep repeating, it was like asking Bambi to pull a haywagon. It was a lot of money (after I'd just spent a couple thousand on emergency surgery) and then I didn't feel like spending that much again I guess, so I never got my dog another cart. We did fine without one, but I really wanted her to have a cart that first year, and it was a real disappointment. That's why you don't see me recommending their company. However, I was keeping an open mind about their East coast branch because they had a new design, and someone (it might have been Bobbie?) said it was an improvement. Now I feel bad for posting the picture of the little Yorkie in the east coast branch quad cart, because that was what started this whole mess. I am sorry.

Did you see the link I posted giving prices for Doggon' quad carts? They're $400, 70% refundable. I know you said you were thinking about the saddle support sling having too much sway for his condition, so it might be ruled out. I'm afraid Eddie's says all sales are final, which sounds like no refunds period. That is a huge amount of money to just lose if it doesn't work out.

<a href="http://www.eddieswheels.com/html/pricing.html">Eddie's policy</a>

It's really pathetic when you're just trying to do something good and it turns into a big problem like this.

Yes Jerry the womans name was Kyrs.

Carol~ Do not apologise! I liked the quad cart pix you posted from the east company(wish I could deal with them!) Sigh I don't know what to think.I know I was concerned about the sway with Eddies, but am concerned about breakdown of the skin with the other. Iam worried about spending $700, afraid to find out it won't work for him. I do have a question...Did you call k9 carts about the difficulty you were having? Did they offer any kind of solution?
Oh well my brain is all worn out tonite, will deal with this again in the morning when I am fresh
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

No, I never called them back. I should have but I didn't. The cart arrived 5 weeks after surgery and I had to wait until the 6th week to use it, then it didn't really work for her, so I guess I didn't call them for a number of reasons. Let's see. Number one, I was tired and stressed and disorganized, spending all my energy trying to make it through one day at a time. Number two, I thought she might do better when she had healed more. Number three, I thought I would keep playing with it and adjust it better. I do remember going back and looking at Willy's cart and then comparing it to my dog's cart. However, there were maybe 3 styles of carts available, as far as how the straps and harness and everything were constructed, and it said on the order form that the company would select the cart that was most appropriate for my dog, so I guess it was my mistake to expect a cart like Willy had, even though my dog was a chihuahua, too. And I guess I thought maybe I would find lighter wheels to put on it. Also, there was another problem with the cart in that the strap over the back put pressure less than an inch from my dog's spinal fusion. The company could not know where the fusion was, and it wasn't something I even thought of when ordering the cart. On the other hand, maybe I didn't consider the problem because Willy's cart doesn't look like the strap is in that spot so it never occurred to me. Anyway, all things considered, the heavy weight of the cart and the large wheels (unlike what Wheely Willy had!) were their fault, but I guess it was my fault for trusting them to send an appropriate cart and my fault for assuming it would be like Willy's, and for not asking them to redo the wheels and straps. I dunno, it was all a mess and I was a poor consumer at the time. I sometimes still wonder if it is possible to make an airy light cart my petite, slender, delicate long-legged dog would be able to pull easily, and if it might make her very happy. I keep wishing a company would offer a cart with wheels like a baby buggy instead of like an ATV! We don't want to hike the Grand Canyon in the blamed thing, just run around the house. But I hate to hazard another $300.

Carol~ Spoke to Eddie at Eddies Wheels this morning for quite a long time(about an hour) We talked about Weeble's condition & Eddie did offer to make some adjustments to the cart I got from k9 carts. I asked him if he could make it into a quad cart & he said no, that their design is totally different from his. His wife Leslie had mentioned that since I do rescue work there would be some sort of discount(not sure how much, but will know by this afternoon & can post it) Asked Eddie when we spoke this morning if they would except patments & he said yes! Said also they had fitted a lot of kitties with cerabelum problems(bendy kitty :)) I have called k9 carts & they said they would credit my credit card 65% of the total price.
All in all I am so much more impressed with Eddies Wheels, they have taken alot more time with me concerning Weeble than k9 carts did, & I got to speak with Eddie himself who builds the carts. Hetold me about how the "saddle" part of his cart rests on the pelvic bones & not on soft tissues(so there is no tissue breakdown)
Carol maybe you should give a call,it is toll free & talked to them about your baby, tell them the poroblem you had with your k9 cart & see what they say. I know it is alot of money but in Weeble's case he wants soooo bad to be able to get up & just walk across the living room. And if memory servers, your baby would just need a regular 2 wheeled cart, not a quad cart like Weeble.
Leslie is sending me the measurement chart for the quad cart & we'll take it from there.
Will keep everyone informed on how it goes.

Re: Paul

Can you e-mail me privatly?
My e-mail addy is drbatsdolttle@webtv.net

Thanks
Paul Coover

Re: Paul

Post by Paul Coover »

I tried to E-mail you, but it came back with an error message. Maybe you could E-mail me? paulcoover@comcast.net. Talk to you soon.

Paul
Paul Coover

Post by Paul Coover »

I received this reply to my E-mail:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the email. We appreciate letting us know of the
situation. We have already called Ms Miller to discuss some of the
matters. It was with the best intentions to help Weebles out the best
we could and unfortunately his condition was misunderstood when the
order was originally placed. This is of no fault of Ms Millers but at
the time of order we misunderstood the condition of his front legs,
believing them to be much stronger than they were. When it comes to
special cases like Weebles it's really hard to explain and or
understand a verbal description. Some special cases take a few
adjustments back and forth before we get everything correct because
none of them are the same.

After receiving the photos of Weebles in his cart it was obvious that
he needed much more support. We were and still are willing to work
with Ms Miller and Weebles to get a cart that suits his needs. The
reason for the extra charge is because the 4-wheeled carts are more
expensive than the front extension carts, she would have paid more if
we had decided to go with a 4-wheeled cart to begin with. All of the
labor and shipping would be free of charge to Ms Miller it would just
be for the extra materials.

Whether Ms Miller decides to keep modifying his cart or to go with
another company all we hope for is that she will be able to get
something that will work and give him a better quality of life. Thank
you for taking the time in this situation, it's nice to know that there
are people out there that want to see others as happy as themselves.
Keep up the good work.

Krys Parkes
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Beth,

Has Weeble's Eddies Wheels been built ?

I have decided to get a cart for my 16 year old collie mixed Blanche and is considering Eddies. As I am in Hong Kong, China, I have to be extremely cautious about getting the right cart.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and can imagine your disappointment and frustration.

Would love to hear your update. Warm regards to Weeble!

Winnie