Help Needed: choosing a wheelchair

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
CarolC

Tinker's website

Post by CarolC »

Hi Tinker's Mom,

I just visited your website and saw all the updates. That is really impressive, 2 videos and your dogs on the Beagle calendar! I looked at the "running and jumping on the futon" video about 20 times. I love it!

<a href="http://tinkerbeagle.blogspot.com/">http ... ot.com/</a>
Tinker's Mom

Re: Tinker's website

Post by Tinker's Mom »

Thanks, Carol. It always makes me smile when I see you using pictures from Tinker's blog to illustrate points about crating or using the porta crib. Who knew he'd turn out to be a spokesBeagle for handicapped pets?! We are so proud of his progress and really want to be able to help and encourage other owners who are dealing w/IVDD.

As you can see on the video in the living room, those little legs can fly. And, while strictly speaking he shouldn't be allowed on the futon (about 12" off the ground), he gets up there with ease, and it's our one indulgence- the couch, bed, and steps are permanently off limits. We will post a longer video soon- I know this one goes by really quickly. Any suggestions on what to show in a video that would be useful to others and would help to illustrate his progress? Do you think that just regular walking to see his gait would help?

The calendar was published for Beagle World, which is Murphy's Dad's creation.

And, on the other video of Tinker in the hydrotherapy treadmill, that's Tracy's voice at the beginning and she's the one who took the video for us last Thursday (I'm the one with my hand in there, encouraging Tinker to keep on going by enticing him with crumbs on my hand). Tracy has been Tinker's rehab therapist since last March and she does a wonderful job.

So, it's really a small universe.:)
CarolC

Re: Tinker's website

Post by CarolC »

You bet! I think a video showing the gait would be interesting to many people. That is, if you can get Tinker to slow down enough to show anything except flying feet. Good luck on that one! LOL!