Dogs: Molly Passed One Test!

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
kruzen55

Dogs: Molly Passed One Test!

Post by kruzen55 »

Molly was standing eating in the kitchen yesterday and just out of curiosity I took her right back leg and bent it back so she'd stand on her knuckles and she immediately set it straight. That was one of the tests for paralysis that the vet did. Now the left leg is a different story, when I put her on her knuckles she just stays that way. But progress is progress and I'll take one leg at a time. Hopefully the left leg will get stronger with time. She's 2 months out of surgery today and from what the surgeon said, I never thought we'd get to where we are today!
susan
connie

congrats molly

Post by connie »

congrats to molly. susan, cricket stands to eat also. he is feeling some pain in back legs too. he goes to the beat of his own drum. ha. i do the therapy , but he does most of it all on his own. molly sounds like cricket, a fighter. keep up the good work. hugs to her and a slurp to her from cricket. ha
CarolC

Re: Dogs: Molly Passed One Test!

Post by CarolC »

How cool! I *knew* she was doing regular walking, it didn't look like spinal walking! Like you say, if one leg is slower to recover, so be it. She's doing GREAT!!!!! And what a sweet dog--that excited waggy tail! ;)