Dogs: NDR: To sweet Toffee's parents

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Cody's Mom

Dogs: NDR: To sweet Toffee's parents

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hi,

I saw that you posted on down the board so I wanted to say hi and see how you are doing. I remember reading about your sweet Toffee's passing while I was in the hotel surfing the net for some kind of help for Cody when he was in the hospital in status epilepticus. I remember wishing I could do something to ease your pain. I had no idea that Cody would go to the Bridge just 3 days after Toffee did.

How are you getting along now? Has it gotten any easier for you?

You got another little pup, didn't you?

My best wishes to you and your family.

Love, Cody's FOREVER proud Mom
Erk

Re: Dogs: NDR: To sweet Toffee's parents *PIC*

Post by Erk »

Hi Cody's Mom!

Thanks for remembering my sweet girl, Toffee! :-)

We're doing fine. Toffee was "My Girl", so I took it much harder than my wife did. She bounced back quicker than me. I still have my moments where I miss her tremendously, but like I've always said, if you know that you gave them a great life, it's hard not to feel good when you think of them. I started to get a little emotional reading about Lightfoot's passing because it "took me back there", but usually I smile and feel comforted when I think of her.

The first time we went RVing without her was weird. I wanted to get her out at least once as a tripod, but time ran out.

And yes, we immediately got our household dog population back up to three by bringing Rusty into our lives! :-) He's a pure-bred Golden Retriever (our first pure-bred). He's amazing! He's not a Nervous Nelly like Toffee was, but he does have some physical and behavioral characteristics which remind us A LOT of her. It's as if Toffee had a little one-on-one with him. LOL

I included a picture of Rusty that I just took minutes ago just for you! He'll be 5-months-old next week.

Eric

Cody's Mom

Re: Dogs: NDR: To sweet Toffee's parents

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for sending the picture of Rusty. He looks like a happy boy.

I know it must be really tough without Toffee. She sounded like a real sweetheart.
Sounds like she was a Daddy's girl just like my Cody was a Mamma's boy.

For the the future, you are welcome to e-mail me at kfw73@yahoo.com to tell me of Rusty's adventures.

Take care,

Cody's FOREVER Proud Mom