Update Annie Cat with spinal injury

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Greg

Update Annie Cat with spinal injury

Post by Greg »

I just went to the vet to talk about Annie progress with the expectation of being told that she needed to be put down. I intended to tell the vet that I wasn't ready to do that the that I wanted to get a second opinion, but when I got there the vet told me that she had seen some progress and Annie was now standing up on her back legs. She put her on the floor and indeed she did stand. She puts most of her weight on her left leg and the right doesn't seem to have much movement. She was in great spirits and so am I now! The vet wanted to keep her for the week to keep expressing her bladder and giving enemas as needed. I asked that she show me how to do it so I could take her home. She tried but Annie's bladder was to empty to feel. I am going back to pick her up at 4:30 so that the vet can show me what to do when her bladder is full. I just feel like she would be happier here where she feels safer. I have contacted the dogparalysis.com site and CP7 is on the way. Thanks to all for your help and support I will keep the updates coming!
Greg
Jennifer

Re: Update Annie Cat with spinal injury

Post by Jennifer »

aww how wonderful for you both =)
Debbie-Spain

Re: Update Annie Cat with spinal injury

Post by Debbie-Spain »

Hooray! Definitely sounds really promising, wish you all the best for Annie's speedy recovery.
critters
Founding Member

Congrats! VERY happy for you!! nm

Post by critters »

nm
Greg

Additional Update Annie Cat with spinal injury

Post by Greg »

Well the vet that has been treating Annie has gotten attached to her. That combined with the fact that she is walking better (still really favoring the one leg) has her feeling optimistic and willing to help me do whatever needed to give her more time. I went back to the vet at 8 this morning to have her bladder expressed and the vet let me do it with her guidance. I had tried last night without success. I didn't realize that you have to apply pressure and hold it several seconds to get the urin flowing. It worked great and I feel like we can deal with this now for as long as it takes. I will keep the updates coming! This site has been a life saver, Literally! I will continue to participate in the hope that I can help someone else save their own little angle. Thanks for everything! Greg and Annie