lost cat to FeLV

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
BoBosmom

lost cat to FeLV

Post by BoBosmom »

I lost the war before the first battle. Four days after the trip to vet I had to let him go,he was so sick so fast. This cat was just two years old. He had been neutered and vaccinated,I never dreamed that this virus I had read about would touch my life. The vet said that he probably got the virus from his mom. How I wish that there was something I could have done. I will miss D.C.
RichB

I'm sorry for your loss-

Post by RichB »

I'm sure you did all you could to save him and care for this cat.
Rich
Angela

Re: lost cat to FeLV

Post by Angela »

My condolences.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: lost cat to FeLV

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I lost my best friend, Buddy, 16 years ago to FELV. Had him longer than my son had been alive and had custody fight over him in divorce court. One day he was fine, the next I had to have him put to sleep. His counts were not 1/20th of what they should have been. He had his shots as regularly as my baby, the healthiest dead cat ever lived. Sometimes it just comes out of the blue and sucker punches you and you ask why forever. I saw him out of the corner of my eye for months afterward. On the bed, on the dresser, in the closet. I still grieve. But I know Buddy is laughing at me. He was a prankster and probably still is. Do you know your kitty had love and that is the greatest gift we can give? One day of love negates 10 years of neglect. Rejoice that he and you both had that gift to share together. What if he had never found you? You will see him too, out of the corner of your eye, I am sure.