Looking to adopt a visually impaired cat

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Amy

Looking to adopt a visually impaired cat

Post by Amy »

I live in Oakland, California. I am looking to adopt a blind or partially blind kitten or cat. I myself am visually impaired and think that I could form a special bond with such a cat. If anyone could let me know of any cats available for adoption I would greatly appreciate it. Please e-mail me or call me at 510-521-0304. Thank you very much! I am a 21 year old college senior.
critters
Founding Member

Wish you were in VA!! Can I crosspost this to other lists

Post by critters »

and boards? I'd also let your local shelters know you're looking for one, because some high-kill shelters may not even put blind ones out for adoption. Even if they do, they might be glad to place one so easily. There are lots of 1-eyed kitties out there, but that is basically cosmetic. 1-eyed critters typically even develop depth perception.

This is a pic of my VERY low-vision baby, Spunky. She's black and white, a year old, and a little small. Her eyes were severely scarred by an upper respiratory infection when she was 2 months old. SHe does great and seems to have radar for who's where in our busy mega-multi critter house, although she sometimes crashes into my ankles (her radar's a little off when it comes to me. :) )

Alisa G

Incoming email...

Post by Alisa G »

I just emailed you some links with special needs cats needing homes. Thanks for wanting to adopt!!