owie, my mouth hurts!

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

owie, my mouth hurts!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

I knocked a tooth loose last weekend & went to the vet on monday. well, that lil tooth was the least of my problems it turns out.
the gums all around my back teeth were very very VERY inflamed and I was runnin a fever of 104.

mom felt awful for me.

my teeth, however, look beautiful says the vet.

so, have you guessed yet??????

yep, looks like cute lil me is trying to develop Stomatitis. Fortunatley, mom already knows lots about this obnoxious condition, she knows several cats who have it.
I got a penicillin shot (ow!) and am on Antirboe which she hides in my food.

All my 3 years mom has thought I was thin and has asked the vet many times if I was ok and they said I was fine, Ijust was a thin cat....and now mom discovers there IS a reason. I am getting canned food twice a day now, I don't want to eat the dry cuz it hurts, and will do my bestest to become a Bendy Blimp!

Bendy
CarolC

Re: owie, my mouth hurts!

Post by CarolC »

Dear Bendy, have you tried those little pea-sized balls of American cheese rolled by hand till they're warm and soft? They go right down. *g* Also, has your mom called Fancy Feast for a nutrition breakdown pamphlet, so she can see how much stinging salt is hidden in those little cans? Some flavors are much lower than others, and many are lower than the amount in Science Diet A/D, as listed on their website. I think nice, soft A/D is rather salty (perhaps they do that for flavor) but you be the judge. I know you're hungry, but remember to take small bites of your food so you can swallow on the best side of your mouth. I hope you feel better soon.
critters
Founding Member

Re: owie, my mouth hurts!

Post by critters »

Yes, I'm sure you're enjoying all those yummies! Just don't get to be too much of a Bendy Blimp, though! :) Good luck!