4 year old chocolate lab Murphy Brown

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Kathryn

4 year old chocolate lab Murphy Brown

Post by Kathryn »

Help! I am desperately trying to find a home for my 4 year old chocolate lab. She had a spinal cord injury 6 months ago and was left incontenent. I have been caring for her but I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we get over 300" of snow and sub zero temps in the winter. She was an inside dog but now has to stay outside. I'm hoping to find a home for her somewhere in a mild climate, possibly on a ranch or farm where she can have free roam and wouldn't be a burden to her caregivers. She has a very loving disposition and loves people and animals alike. Please email me if you can help or can put me in contact with someone else who could. Thank you.
CarolC

Re: 4 year old chocolate lab Murphy Brown

Post by CarolC »

Why not give diapers a try? They have some really cute ones that are a definite fashion statement. Since she is mobile, changing her should be a snap! There are a number of sites offering diapers. Below is a link to one style I think is especially cute. When you open the page, use the search box and type in DIAPERS. This is a way your friend could stay inside with you like you want. Of course, she might enjoy being outside again when the weather improves.

Diapers from Drs. Foster and Smith
nora

Re: 4 year old chocolate lab Murphy Brown

Post by nora »

I would think the labrador retriever rescue people could be of help. Please don't give up on him until you get him an appropriate home.