Trixie need prayers please

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Alisa G

Trixie need prayers please

Post by Alisa G »

Trixie was rushed to the vet yesterday for severe constipation. Vet manually cleaned her out. Today she is very nautious and doesn't look well. She's going back to the vet this afternoon. Vet is not very optimistic. I can't take this---not my special girl!!!!

We just lost our himi Sassy on the 4th. It hasn't been a good month.

Please pray for our Trixie.
Thanks.

Trixie the Handicat
CarolC

Re: Trixie need prayers please

Post by CarolC »

Hoping and praying with you for Trixie, who has made a big impression on me. Here is some information that may help you know some options if the vet is too negative or doesn't seem to be trying all avenues. Sometimes if you suggest other things, they'll agree even though they didn't suggest it to you in the first place. My co-worker had a cat who had to be cleaned out and he's OK now, and I hope the same for Trixie.

Megacolon in Cats Info
Debbie-Spain

Post by Debbie-Spain »

Hi Alisa

Sorry Trixie is poorly...

When I first found Kat she was recently injured and she couldn't poop properly. She ended up with a fecal impaction that nobody could budge, and eventually they had to do it under anaesthetic. She was a bit off colour for a day or two after that but they told me she would be, and sure enough, after a couple of days she was her normal self again...

Another of my kitties, Cookie, had to undergo the procedure several times with corresponding x-rays because he had a blockage in his intestines (we were trying to ease the blockage out rather than have to open him up). He had eaten a piece of rubber, he too looked terrible while he was going through all that but once it was over and the offending piece of rubber was out, he took a couple of days to get back to normal too.

I'm sure Trixie will be back to her old self in a couple of days, here in Spain we're purring for her!

Debbie
SandyNY

Keeping Trixie in our thoughts today

Post by SandyNY »

We'll be hoping and praying for her!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

purrin for Trixie!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

i hope she isn't developing megacolon.
many many purrrrrs for you very special girl!!!

Bendy kitty
CarolC

I'm sorry

Post by CarolC »

I should have called the link Information on Constipation, which is what I meant--that's what I get for typing things in a hurry at work.
RichB

We will be praying for Trixie too...

Post by RichB »

I will pray that she is well soon.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I hope that she gets better soon. How is she doing today?
Patty

Post by Patty »

I will be praying for Trixie. I wish you both the best of luck. I'll go to Sylvia Browne's web site (sylvia.org) and add her to their pryer chain as well. I do that for my Aussie, Sage, who has been having a bad month as well.
Patty