Hi From Baby Winni

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Nancy McClanahan

Hi From Baby Winni

Post by Nancy McClanahan »

Hi all, just wanted to give you another update on Winni. She is trying to climb the stairs. I got home from work this morning around 9:00 and was exhausted and went to bed upstairs. Winni I guess decided that she was tired of sleeping alone down in our office and was going to come upstairs to be with me. She is very vocal when she is on a mission and it's taking her awhile to get it accomplished so I got woke up to her bugling (not a pain yell, just one of her I'm frustrated yells). I started downstairs and she was on the 3rd step up. Well, I ran down the stairs and scooped her up and carried her on upstairs with me so she could sleep on her rug next to the bed. I guess now I'm going to have to put small blockades up on both stairs (she pulled this same stunt when I was in the basement doing laundry) so she can't get over them but Riley and Sam can. I'd hate for her to try to climb the stairs and loose her balance. If she wants to sleep with me upstairs I am more than happy to carry her up and down the stairs. I never thought I'd be "child" proofing my house. But it's worth it. The other thing I've noticed is that she no longer wants to eat seperate from Riley and Sam. Also, she no longer wants the smushed up food. I fed her this morning with Riley and Sam and I gave her smushed up food and she turned her nose up to it. She went right to Riley's bowl of puppy food and bullied her way in and started eating it. Riley of course changed course of direction and went and ate the smushed up food before I could get it picked up. Riley's puppy food is hard chunks just to let you know. I believe that's she's part cat. She's working on another one of her lives. She is back walking the way she was before the attack. 3 years ago when her hips went out but she started walking again she kinda walked like Frankenstein. But leave the back yard gate open and man could she pick up the pace. Well, she's back to that same walk. Which means she will be able to enjoy another season of camping down on the Ohio River with us. That's another problem with her. Before even tho she walked stiff legged around here, when we took her down to our campgrounds and let her out of the camper, if we turned our backs for 2 minutes she was already about 25' feet away. Man can she get up and move when she wanted to. And she loves going out on the pontoon boat with us. She even goes swimming with me sometimes. And now I see the same attitude with her. She's happy and healthy now. And I am so happy. I even took my pictures into work and jumped all over my boss after showing them to him. He just kinda grinned at me and that was it.
Again, thank you all for the support and encouragement...I will see visit this site to see how you all are doing and to offer my encouragement to any who need it. I am so thankful that I found this sight.

Nancy, Winni, Sam and Riley
Angela

Re: Hi From Baby Winni

Post by Angela »

I am so happy for you Nancy! love to you, Winni, Sam and Riley.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Nancy, What a great problem to have! :) Do come back. It's been a pleasure to know someone like you for this short while. Best wishes to your whole family from me and mine.
Annie

Post by Annie »

That is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for all of you. And I know how it feels to baby-proof the house! Bailey has also become interested in the stairs. We have a bi-level and thank goodness she is only 30 pounds. She, too can move fast at times and I have to race the baby gate upstairs before she gets on the steps and race back down to get her before she tries the stairs herself. She can now sometimes kind of hop up the last 2 with assistance.
Good luck and best wishes to all of you from Annie and Bailey!