Kat much better!

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Debbie-Spain

Kat much better!

Post by Debbie-Spain »

Sometimes the way animals fight back just leaves me in awe... Kat is much better, she has had no blood in her urine for two days now (I'm checking with those coloured strips, no idea what they're called in English), her sugar level is perfect, and yesterday she finally started pooping on her own again (still no control, as always, but at least things are "moving" again).
She also has considerably less discomfort when I express her, which I think was being caused by the struvite crystals more than the infection itself.

This weekend Kat's Club for disabled and chronically ill animals will be attending its first ever fair (for Earth Day), in Barcelona, to try and raise awareness amongst the public here about handicapped pets and promote adoptions of some of the many animals that are wasting away in shelters here...everyone here thinks I'm crazy but we can try! Both Bombon and Kat will be there, fortunately Kat is very sociable with people and likes lots of things going on around her, but she will be provided with hidey holes where she can get away if she wants to (I can't leave her at home for the 14 hours I will be at the fair).

Debbie

Debbie

Debbie-Spain

PS

Post by Debbie-Spain »

Sorry, someone called and I sent the message without thanking you for all your messages and well wishes for Kat, I'm sure she got better because so many people were wishing her to do so!

Debbie
CarolC

Good news! :)

Post by CarolC »

What a relief for Kat! I'm so glad she's feeling better. Please give her a pet for me.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: PS

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Debbie, I didn't know you were from SPAIN!! I thought that was your name! I love this group, I am meeting people from all over the Galaxy! Kat is so important to you, that makes her so very lucky to have you, because you would do anything on earth for her. I am stunned by the efforts this group lends to it's 4-legged families, and think of those 4-leggers who are routinely destroyed, because we can't save them all. God Bless You for being so special.
Karen
Alisa G

Re: Kat much better!

Post by Alisa G »

sooooooo glad she's doing better!
Debbie-Spain

Re: PS

Post by Debbie-Spain »

Hi Karen, I'm from the UK really, but have lived in Spain for the last 12 years...
Kat is much better now, almost back to normal, today some Germans who looked on my Spanish website which has lots of handicapped animals in adoption offered to adopt her! Agh! They would have to kill me first!

I know a case like Kat here and she is sitting in a cage in a shelter, I am going to try and get them to adopt that cat instead!

Debbie
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

hooray for Kat!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

rah rah rah
I hope the fair goes well. Leguem was incredibly outgoing. Mom took him to a layman's catshow once because they had a handicappedpets category, the idiots didn't think he was handicapped tho even tho he had a permanent urinary catheter & was incontinent.
sighs.

I hope that Kat and Bombom meet lots of ppl and have a great time.

So glad Kat has bounced back!

keep on bouncin, lil girl.

your furrend

Bendy Kitty