list of care?

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

It's like walking down memory lane!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

When I brought St. Jude home after 1 week in hospital and 1 mo. in rehab, he still could not walk (both hips broken, front leg shot, starved, twisted nerves & organs around lower spine) and first mo. I could pick him up supporting hips & front to doctors, rehab & potty outside(went from 20lbs to about 35) after that I hauled him by lifting him under front legs and kind of dragging him thru 3 rooms. Built a ramp (actually Home depot did it for me, I was so hysterical) and let him kind of slide down that (it was carpeted) and by the time he was walking he was about 45 lbs.
My back was shot before I met him, so found a product which has a CoX 2 inhibitor (blocks the pain transmission thru neurons in brain) on the shelves of Wally World. Cannot remember the name, but look for CoX 2 inhibitor on front of box. Also lay on floor, bring knees up to chin and stretch, stretch, stretch this will align the spine until you pull it out again. These tips, incidently are for you, not the pup!
Jude runs like the wind, was house-broken (even being broken) from the day we met and tops off at 60 lbs now, and is the silliest, goofiest,happiest four legger I have ever had the pleasure of meeting!
Jennysmama

Re: Yes, It's Only Temporary! :)

Post by Jennysmama »

We have Jenny in a small area of the hallway. It is covered completely with blankets, a layer of towels, a layer of pee pads , then another layer of towels to keep the pads flat since they have stayed continuously bunched up from her moving around. There is no bare floor anywhere unless she digs to the bottom. She fits perfectly in the jumbo size pull - ups with a hole cut for the tail. She left in on for at least 30 min. as we got out the door to work this morning. It remains to be seen if she will leave it on. Hubby plans to cut the diaper off and leave her without one for the afternoon since we have not figured out how to diaper one-handed while holding her up with other hand. We will have to work on this one!!!!!
We put neosporin on butt - will try vaseline if that doesn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.