Help Needed: Need kitty diaper pattern

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Anita

Help Needed: Need kitty diaper pattern

Post by Anita »

Hi all,
Sometime back there was a link posted for a pattern to make a diaper cover with suspenders for cats. Does anybody have that link? It told you were to measure and how to sew it. Thanks in advance. Anita
critters
Founding Member

Maybe it's here... *LINK*

Post by critters »

I try to put stuff like that on this page, and there are a couple of ideas toward the bottom of the page. http://www.handicappedpets.com/DisCatLinks.htm

link
CarolC

DIY Kitty Stud Overalls *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Originally posted by Debbie-Spain. If this isn't it, please let me know.

JUMP to Debbie's original post
Anita

Thats's it!!

Post by Anita »

Carol, That's it. Thank you so much. I am going to make them for Sydney to wear everyday not that she needs diapers but because she can't walk and when she scoots her private areas are on the ground and I think that is the main cause of her UTI. Maybe if I keep her covered she won't get the infections.

Thanks again
Anita
CarolC

Thanks! *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

I need to thank *you* because it was your message (link below) a while back that got me thinking about this with my dog, also female. When we are out walking she will sometimes drag through the grass, and if she is standing she may lose her balance and sit suddenly. Two days ago we were behind the Mexican restaurant and she accidentally sat in a puddle of dirty grey mopwater someone had dumped out the back door. Full of chemicals if not germs as well. (Warm sudsy bath when we got home.) It's because of what you said that I usually express her *after* we go out and not before--to cleanse the urethra. I also wash her bottom with soap and water if she's sat on the dirty sidewalk at the shopping center because of you. When we are home she is usually in her crate on a clean towel so it isn't an issue. Anyway, after I read your message a while back, I thought "Duh!" and changed how we were doing things. Thanks!

JUMP to your previous message
Alisa G

Re: Thanks!/Carol

Post by Alisa G »

Carol,
I guess that is why we are all here-to help each other out. Where would we be if we didn't have each other!! It is a BIG THANKS to EVERYBODY!!!

Anita