Help Needed: Looking for Holistic Dog Vet in Atlanta, Georgi

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Gary

Help Needed: Looking for Holistic Dog Vet in Atlanta, Georgi

Post by Gary »

Hi All,

I've got an amazing 20-year-old dog and I'm looking for a new vet here in Atlanta. My current vet is part of a growing chain, and we've had more and more problems with them lately. They charged us for an ultrasound that wasn't ever done and even based a diagnosis on the non-existent scan! I found blood results from another dog in our dog's files, and they prescribed the wrong dosage for one of our meds. Another friend of ours took her puppy into be fixed, and the dog received large third-degree burns on its abdomen, when a surgical light somehow fell down on his belly, while he was unattended in surgery. The worst thing is that the office tried to underplay the seriousness of the burn saying, "it's just a minor burn." My friend insisted that a vet burn expert give a second opinion, and the dog was immediately admitted to a university ICU after examination!

So you see my dilemma, I've got a 20-year-old dog, doing great for the most part (can still run and keep up with my 6-year-old dog!). In addition to the 6-year-old dog, I've got a 7-year-old cat. I believe in more holistic treatments, such as vaccination titers and whole, non-processed foods, and I need a vet, who will not be resistant to these therapies.

Any vet recommendations? I live downtown, but I'll travel for my kids.

Thanks, and God bless!
CarolC

Try AHVMA *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Hi Gary,

That is wonderful that your dog is 20! If you click the link at the end of this message, it takes you to a page of other links pertaining to alternative veterinary medicine. The first link displayed is for the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association. They have a Referral Directory at the top of their webpage.

CLICK HERE for alt vet med links
CarolC

Veterinary Malpractice *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Hi Gary,

I'm putting a link at the end of this message in case you want to report the problems you described.

CLICK HERE for vet malpractice contacts
critters
Founding Member

20 is amazing!!

Post by critters »

I just babysat a 17 YO in "fair" shape, but it sounds like your boy is far better than that. Good luck finding somebody you like.