Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Lucy

Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog

Post by Lucy »

What a wonderful day today!!!
I called up to Medvet and told them about the problem we were having expressing her.
The nurse told me to try taking her out in the yard and placing her sling under her and lifting her slightly off the ground with it, this way the pressure would be across her whole abdomen without too much direct stress on her wounds.

IT WORKED!!! She urinated seven times throughout her walk. We were so happy we were crying! LOL The small joys in life, right?
Not only that, but she was trying to use her bad leg walking, it was just wonderful, she enjoyed it and she went. It was great.
Thanks for all the help on the boards and all the thought you all gave to Zoe. We all appreaciate it. Thanks CarolC, you were so nice and so caring!
I will keep everyone updated on her progress. And as Carol said I think the worst is behind us. Zoe is happy and we are happy!

~Lucy
Alexandra

Re: Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog

Post by Alexandra »

I'm so happy that things are going well.

You mentioned MedVet. What is that?
critters
Founding Member

Re: Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog

Post by critters »

LOL--Yes, sometimes it seems like poop and pee make us happiest around here!!

This all sounds VERY promising; keep up the good work!
Lucy

Re: Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog *LINK*

Post by Lucy »

Medvet is the hospital Zoe had her surgeries done at. It's a great place with 24 hour care for pets. They even answer questions after the pet it sent home for recovery.
I was unable to talk with her vet today about her care, but the nurse was the one who gave me the information. Best information we've gotten so far.

here's their site... http://www.medvet-cves.com/

MedVet Columbus
Lucy

Re: Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog *PIC*

Post by Lucy »

Here's a picture of Zoe after her last walk and expressing. She likes to lay on the deck and watch the birds and try to catch bugs.

CarolC

Re: Urinary: Update on Zoe the Wonder Dog *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

Thank goodness for the good news. I'll bet she *is* happy! She is sleeping much better tonight!

> will keep everyone updated on her progress

Oh, please do! This is a great place for information on foot drop, scraped toes and splinting. You might be interested in getting her into physical therapy to rehab that leg. Below I will put a link to find locations with underwater treadmills for dogs. You can search by zip code, there may be one near you. An underwater treadmill uses warm water to massage the muscles and joints and the buoyancy of the water allows the dog to exercise without bearing a lot of weight. Just click the link below and see FIND A PROVIDER in the lower righthand corner. Regular swimming and regular physical therapy would help as well.

There actually was someone here who used to express by lifting with their large dog, but I never would have thought of it with all the pelvic surgery. I didn't use a sling under my dog's abdomen until about 5 weeks after her spay and she didn't like it then so we never did it again.

Congratulations! It sounds like you're going to be all right now. Best wishes during the recovery.

CLICK HERE to locate underwater treadmills