News: Weeble & his cart

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Weeble's :o~ mom Beth

News: Weeble & his cart

Post by Weeble's :o~ mom Beth »

Well thought I'd let you all know how it's going with Weeble.
k9 carts had recomended a cart with front extendions. He hasn't been able to support himself in the front long enough to have the cart benifit him. My girlfriend took pictures & sent them in an e-mail. It was too long for them to get. My girlfriend made hard copies & I mailed them right away. Heard from k9 carts this afternoon. They now say he really needs a quad cart(wish I'd listened to my inner voice, I thought that is what he needed)Will cost an extra $75. The thing that upset me was when the sales rep told me that they would have to "scrap" the 1st cart.
Mark I told her about the carts for lease program on this site, she said yes she knew that k9 carts was represented here, & made the suggestion that I keep the 1st cart & buy the quad cart. As much as I would love to be able to keep the 1st cart & donate it for the lease program here, I don't have an extra $400 for another cart.Anyone with suggestions on how I could get k9 carts to donate Weeble's 1st cart? She said that the front end extendtion cart would not be able to be used on any other dog as it was built special for Weeble. It is slightly adjustable & I see no reason why another little dog with Weeble's build couldn't benafit from his cart.
I told her that this wasn't just a case of a paralized dog, she said yes she knew that & then asked if Weeble was happy(Geez I get soooo tired of being asked if he is suffering or "Do you think he's happy living like this?") I was nice & said yes he is VERY happy, eats like a horse, then she said "Well you have to watch & make sure that he doesn't get too fat"I again told her I was watching how he ate. The woman must think I'm a complete ninkompoop.
Sorry & thanks for letting me vent.
Hope someone out there has an idea on how I can get k9 carts to donate Weeble's cart here for the lease program.
Dianne

Weeble & his cart

Post by Dianne »

Beth,

I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time getting a good cart fit. It is also unfair for the woman to judge the happiness of your pet as a qualification for life. People can be so cruel. It's just ignorance.

Perhaps someone on this board could use the cart, despite their advice that it was ONLY built for Weeble. Could you please post the measurements?

Dianne
CarolC

Re: News: Weeble & his cart

Post by CarolC »

Gads, what a mess. You called them wanting a quad cart, they didn't know what you were talking about, then they told you you'd have to deal with the other branch (I guess the US Post Office doesn't ship across the Mississippi?), then they talked you into one with front extensions. And you are now going to pay $475 for something the size of a roller skate??? Gimme a freakin' break! Are you sure you want to deal with this company? It can't possibly cost any more for Eddie's or Doggon'. Guess they don't care what kind of press they're getting on this message board, or what a long memory we have...

I'm sorry about the whole darn mess, I'm not trying to make you feel worse. Is there any chance you could make a little panty hose sling for the front, just cut off a leg from the panty hose, poke 2 holes in it for his feet to go through, and tie it to the extensions? Would that support him in the cart you have? A bandana might work too.

Re: Weeble & his cart

Dianne~ The problem is that if I sell it here I would have to sell it at a much reduced cost,since it is used.I don't have an extra $400 to spend. The cart with the front end extendtions ran me $375. The gal said that she would charge me $75 extra for a quad cart. I asked if that is all I would be paying & she said yes.
Carol~ I agree what a mess, the gal said she didn't realise how bad Weeble was(geez I told them EVERYTHING when I called to order!) Said she wished she'd seen pictures before I ordered the cart(I guess I could've taken a picture of Weeble lying on his side or had a picture taken with me & his PT supporting him) kinda wish now that I had gone with one of the other companies, but if I do that now, again that is money lost for me.I do agree that this woman is in the wrong business. She said something about kitties with cerabelum problems where they roll, tumble, & cannot find they're balance. She said it was so sad that they were made to live like that(hope you're reading this Bendy Kitty!)
Sigh, guess I'll take the extra measurements & say a prayer that the quad cart will work,she did say that the quad cart could NOT be returned.
So keep your fingers crossed that all will work out.
Will let ya'll know how it goes.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by Bendy Kitty »

*adding K9 carts to the mental list of "do not reccomend" companies*

I might just have to find an email for these people, that comment about brain damaged cats is REALLY offensive. How the h*ll can she tell quality of life w/out meeting the animal????
And even if it is HER personnal opinion, she should NEVER state that to a customer! Unless, of course, she knows the company feels the same way.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Poor Weeble, I hope you can fix something to make his cart work. Guess they aren't big on refunds when their product does't do what it should.
Their price in insane. I like critters' sock idea. Mom says she can fix just about anything with vetwrap :)

purrrs (no headbonks, don't want to knock him over)

bendy
Dianne

Re: Weeble & his cart

Post by Dianne »

Beth,

I understand your point about not selling the cart but wanting them to either make it right or to refund the money. How interesting that they aren't about to "make it right" without a cost extension or extra purchase. I won't order from them.

It was especially cruel of their customer service rep. to discount the life of a disabled animal. Her discussion about "happy" made me wonder if she would euthanize me most days. Nothing is "happy" all of the time. The discussion about disabled kitties was also "over the top".

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time getting them to correct the situation.

Dianne
Pam (Riley's mom)

Re: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by Pam (Riley's mom) »

Hi guys. On Sunday I met a neighbor walking her boxer in a K9 cart. She raved about the company and their service. She said she wanted to get a bumper sticker advertising their product. We live nearby the site in Washington state and communication is always better face to face. I wouldn't write them off because perhaps one person doesn't understand.
CarolC

Not refundable, even partially? No dice! *NoMsg*

Post by CarolC »

critters
Founding Member

I'm afraid I have to agree.

Post by critters »

HONESTLY!! She's CERTAINLY in the wrong biz.

I think all the handicritters should go bite her!! *quite a few volunteers here*

Re: Not refundable, even partially? No dice!

Carol~ Interesting note. I called Eddie's Wheels to see what their quad carts ran, & was informed by Eddie's wife Leslie that k9 carts doesn't even have a vet on staff as advertised. The woman I spoke to yesterday has not been married to the vet that invented the k9 carts for several years....got the business in the divorce setlement! Am gonna try to send her the pictures via e-mail & see if they can help.Then I will call k9 carts & do my #### best to get my money back! BTW Eddies carts are more expensive, they run $700 for a quad cart, don't know how I will manage but somehow, somewhere I will get the money(if she thinks that Weeble can be helped).
CarolC

Re: Not refundable, even partially? No dice! *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

more later

Prices
CarolC

Return policy *LINK*

Post by CarolC »

click below

return policy
SandyNY

To Beth and Weebles *LINK*

Post by SandyNY »

Sorry to hear about the bad experiances.
Porkchop had a cart from Doggon wheels. Porkchop was owned by the humane society when he got his cart. The people of Doggone Wheels were not only extremely helpful and considerate with the humane society, but almost with me a year later when I took him. They are also the company who made a cart for soldier of best frineds ( who can; tuse front legs) Seems as though Soldier's cart took a lot of tinkering, but also seems like the company was very cooperative. I am sure there are other good companies and people out there also. this is a company I have had good experiance with and have heard good things about.

Soldier's wheelchair
Paul Coover

Post by Paul Coover »

That is a terrible story and it is unacceptable. I have sent them an E-mail with a link to this page demanding that they fix this situation immediately. As I have just adopted a paralyzed dachshund that will need some of their products, I may have some power with them. I told them that I would NOT buy any of their products if they don't fix this situation. Let's see if anything happens.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I would just like to say that this is a terrible situation for you to be in. I understand that at a time like this, when you are concerned about your baby and want whats best for him, it can be very upsetting dealing with someone and not getting straight or accurate answers. I have recently brought a cart from the K9 cart company (within the last week) and i cannot speak highly enough of them. The lady i dealt with was so helpful and put me in touch with a gentleman who has a sheepdog in one of their carts, I didnt know what to do and have been stressed for the past 4 weeks not knowing how to make my pups quality of life better. The point is, there was one lady you dealt with that was not helpful at all but dont let it get you down, perhaps you could get in contact with her superior? Im sure things will work out for you, remember that just because this woman stuffed up does not mean the company is no good. I hope all goes well for you.