Dogs: Pete: something new

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Sheri

Dogs: Pete: something new

Post by Sheri »

I am so excited that I had to share this with people who care. I just got home from work and let Pete out for a pee. When he wanted in he came to the deck (which has one step up) barked, was standing on all fours, put his 2 front feet on the deck and pushed himself up with his rear legs. I know this may not seem like much but it is the first time that he had enough strength and control to push. He stands when he wants treats or when he feels like it but 85% of the time he still drags himself. Mornings seem to be the best time for Pete he seems to do more walking when he first gets up then the rest of the day. We just take one day at a time and are grateful that he is health and happy.
Tracy

Re: Dogs: Pete: something new

Post by Tracy »

GO PETE...
Isn't it great when they get your attention to show you something new they've discovered they can do?!
BARK BARK = MOM COME WATCH ME GO UP THE STEP!
Tinker's Mom

Post by Tinker's Mom »

Sheri- Are you kidding? Celebrate every victory, absolutely! Pete is continuing to make progress and that is WONDERFUL! Heck, when Tinker was able to raise his tail 1/2" I was telling everyone I knew who would listen!
critters
Founding Member

Congrats!

Post by critters »

There's no telling what that boy will end up doing!
CarolC

He climbed the step!

Post by CarolC »

Ho-ho!!! That's outstanding! Suddenly he's able, after 2 1/2 years? Fantastic!!! Can't get this goofy grin off my face! Pete, you are wonderful!!!! So glad to hear this! Thanks!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Aint it the truth!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

The LITTLE things to others who are not "special". They don't get it! What are THEY MISSING! This is HUGE!
Congratulations, Petey Boy for makin mama and all the rest of us DO A HAPPY DANCE.
I know you are silly happy. We take it moment to moment. If he back slides, you have THIS to encourage you. He CAN do it! He WILL. With your love. And ours.
terry

Post by terry »

Absolutely wonderful! I share in your joy, each and every little bit of progress is a reason to rejoyce, and this sounds like a BIG reason. Thanks for sharing with those of us who are sometimes getting discouraged, we find hope in your progress (at least I do.) This website, and everyone who posts their accomplishments, keeps me going when I start to think sad thaoughts. Keep it up Pete!
Weeble's :o~ mom Beth

Post by Weeble's :o~ mom Beth »

This is absolutely AWESOME news!!!!!! GO PETEY GO!!!!!! Make your mama proud!!!!!
Keep up the good work!
Dr. Cynthia Mahaffey

Post by Dr. Cynthia Mahaffey »

Hurray for Pete! Aren't our dogs wonderful in their strength and determination. I wish you and Pete well.

Blessings,

Dr. M