News: Chelsea died this morning

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Janice

News: Chelsea died this morning

Post by Janice »

To all my friends here,

Chelsea died this morning. She seemed to take a turn for the worse last night, and she woke me up with her labored breathing. I picked her up and tried to express her inside. First, nothing happened, then so much came out. When I laid her back down, she started gasping, and I knew it was time.

I had the chance to say good-bye and to tell her that I loved her.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your support and kindness these past several weeks. Because of your support, I had her for three more weeks, and I am at peace with her death. She is the longest companion I have ever had, and I will miss her. But, I know that she is at peace now, too.

Janice
critters
Founding Member

I'm sorry to hear that.

Post by critters »

I'm glad you were able to use what you learned here to make both of your lives better, though.
Jul

Re: News: Chelsea died this morning

Post by Jul »

Janice I am sorry to hear of this news. Chelsea isnt suffering any more and she is with you more than ever. My heart breaks for you. Sending you prayers. Sebsatians mom, Jul
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dear Janice,

I'm glad that she could be at home and you were with her, that's a gift. Bless her heart, 15 is awfully good for a dog that size. I'm glad that it worked out for both of you. Continued best wishes to you and your family during this time of loss.
Anita

Post by Anita »

Janice,
My prayers are with you. I know how hard it is.
Anita
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Dear Janice,

You really tried your hardest to find a cure, or help with her failing body. You are to be commended for being such a faithful friend to your dear Chelsea.

I'm so sorry that there wasn't any way to save her. A pet's older age doesn't make the loss any easier. But, they never quite leave us in spirit.

Sending healing thoughts to you and your children.

Dianne
John Baughman

Post by John Baughman »

Janice,

I don't know what your situation was , but I know the loss of a pet is painfull. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking what you must be going through right now.Just think of the Love they give and share. No more suffering for your pet. I know when mine go it is going to break my heart cause they are members of the familiy.

Becky
Tinker's Mom

So sorry for your loss

Post by Tinker's Mom »

My condolences to you and your family. I'm glad you had a few extra weeks with her and, if it had to be, that she went peacefully among those she loved and loved her best.
terry

Post by terry »

Hi Janice,
I'm so sorry for your loss, 15 years is a long time to share with someone, and you will miss her greatly. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Terry, Pug's mom.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Dear Janice, we are all so sorry for your loss... and so thankful Chelsea had you in her life. What a story of love and devotion yours is. She has inspired you to heights you never imagined possible, she brought out the best in you, and she never ever complained. Why? Because you were her life. Her reason for being, her soul. You were the biggest gift in her life. She loved you so, "twas Heaven here with you"
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Dear Janice,

Am sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes, Chelsea is now free from any sufferings. She knew how much you loved her and how hard you've tried to help make the last few weeks of her life easier.

You are in my prayers.

Winnie
Christy Mullady

Re: News: Chelsea died this morning *LINK*

Post by Christy Mullady »

I'm very sorry for your loss, Janice. Thomas Moore's "Scent of the Rose" is a poem that I've found comfort in many times, and hope it lends you comfort as well. Again, sorry to hear about Chelsea. I know you'll hold fast to her memory.

"The Scent of the Rose"

"Let Fate do her worst, there are relics of joy;
bright dreams of the past which she cannot destroy
which come in the night-time of sorrow and care
and bring back the features that joy used to wear.

Long, long be my heart with such memories filled!
Like the vase in which roses have once been distilled,
you may break - you may shatter the vase, if you will!
But the scent of the roses will hang round it still."

Magical World of Lethal Whites
Elaine

Post by Elaine »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Elaine
RichB

I'm very sorry-

Post by RichB »

So sorry for your loss, but glad you accepted that it was time, and now she is at peace.

Blessings to you-
Rich
Marni

Post by Marni »

You and Chelsea will be in our prayers and hearts. She had a wonderful life with you and I hope that when the time comes, all my companions will be able to die in peace knowing they are loved.

Marni