Other: Sydney's heart

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Anita

Other: Sydney's heart

Post by Anita »

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers during this difficult time. They really mean a lot to me.

Just to update you on what happened. The doctor called and she had sent out parts of Sydney heart for evaulation and also the fluid. There was no cancer or tumor on her heart like they had thought. It was the sac the surrounds her heart. It somehow got a bacteria infection in it. There is no known cause because the bacteria could have come from anywhere. Of course I was feeling guilty because I thought that I somehow caused it but that isn't the case. She would have suffered had she lived through it all. I know that she is in a better place than we all are but it still really hurts alot and I still am having a hard time with it. I miss her so much. Having just lost her sister Samantha in September makes it even harder, although I know that they are together again and that helps. Sydney really missed Samantha.

Please continue to pray for me and help me through this. It is difficult and not fair that it all had to end the way that it did. BUT, the doctor said that if I hadn't had her in the office when it happened it could have happened at home and she would have either died alone or in the car before we could have gotten her somewhere. I thank God everyday that she went the way that she did and that we were trying everything to save her.

Thanks again,
Anita
Weeble's :o~ mom Beth

Re: Other: Sydney's heart

Post by Weeble's :o~ mom Beth »

Anita~ Sydney had the best mom! You did everything humanly possible to try & save her, & she knows that. I do understand about the guilt, have had that a few times with some of my babies, even tho I did everything I could. Guilt is a wasteful emotion, instead remember Sydney as she was when she was healthy & know she is whole now & playing with her sister & waiting till the day comes & you can join them!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I hope knowing there was nothing else to be be done brings you a little bit of comfort. She was such a trooper!
Jean

My prayers are with you!

Post by Jean »

When a pet dies it is difficult. However, when a disabled pet dies it so much more intense. You have put so much of your time, energy, etc. into caring for them that you feel kinda lost. When you posted that you didn't know what you were going to do on your lunch hour anymore that really hit home. I have been expressing my Jaime for 7 years on my lunch hour and I can't even imagine the pain I would feel. My prayers go out to you. Just believe that Sydney is happy and whole and that one day you will be together again!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Dear Anita, I am so very sorry... You are Sydney's heart. Her heart will never die, it will live forever in you. Her legacy is love and devotion. Your love for her jumps off the page (screen).
I am so very sorry for your loss...
Best to you Karen, mom to: Allicksblindpup, Gabrieldeafblindpup, Ambrrnanadog, St.Judemiracledog, and
Andy who also will live for ever and his legacy is love as well.
I am so sorry for you all.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dear Anita,

I'm glad at least you found out more about what was going on. She had the best of everything, I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer to enjoy it, she was a lucky dog.