Help Needed: From all of you who are grieving also

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Cody's Mom

Re: Help Needed: From all of you who are grieving also

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hey Toni,

Wow, I have been into horses for a long time and have never seen a foal like that. Guess because they do put them down, huh? Glad they didn't that one. It's a cutie.

I am so stupid about computers that I don't know how to get the photo saved on my computer. I know - really stupid - but I can't deny it.

Love, Cody's Mom
Toni

Photo on to computer *PIC*

Post by Toni »

You can take your favorite photos of Cody to a photo shop near where you live (soemtimes even Walmart or places like that will do this). They can scan your pohtos and put them on a disk for you. Then you can take the disk to your computer and load them on to your computer. Depending on which Windows you have, you can even set it up so your screen saver goes through the photos. You can put your favorite photos as teh background for your computer as well.
(I like the screen saver (with Windows XP) that goes through all the photos on the computer at random. Fun to watch)
Hope this option is available for you.
As far as the foal..the vets say its about a one in one thousand chance that a foal will have this...and it's not genetic as far as they can tell.
The photo is of Peppo, our Irish Wolfhound puppy (14 months old today) the has cerebral palsy sleeping with Binky the cat (Binky had head trauma as a kitten and was completely paralyzed for several weeks. She is blind in one eye and has a lopsided smile..that's all that's left over from her injury. She's 10 years old now!

critters
Founding Member

What a cute pic!!

Post by critters »

I needed a dose of cuteness so early on a Monday (GAK!!) morning!
Carol

Re: What a cute pic!!

Post by Carol »

I LOVE the picture! I also fell in love with the little foal with his silly little face!! I'm glad they didn't put him down.
CarolC

Cute picture! *NoMsg*

Post by CarolC »

Cody's Mom

Re: Photo on to computer

Post by Cody's Mom »

Toni,

Thanks for the info. I'll try to work on that and get a photo of the Code Man posted.

Love the photo of your cat and pup.

Love, Cody's Mom
Marni

Re: Help Needed: From all of you who are grieving also

Post by Marni »

Hi Kathy,

I can totally understand your grief. I'm Simon's mom and he died on Saturday morning. I'm totally devastated.

But I am eating and exercising evryday. Working hard in my garden. Caring for two other 15 year old dogs and a disabled spouse. And, crying a lot.

I have found one book to be of help: "Preoaring for the Loss of Your Pet" by Myrna Milani, DMV., ISBN 0-7615-1648-4. It says Visit us on-line at www.primalife.com" fyi.

If anyone knows of a pet bereavement group on-line, I would be interested. I can't find one locally. I'm in a small town, miles from anywhere.

Kathy, I hope you get whatever help you neeed to begin to function again. My heart is broken and I don't know how I will ever get over this loss. I have been preparing for the loss of my two old dogs, especially my Vizsla, since the vet tells me they normally live to be 11, if they are really in good shape. Simon was a mini dachshund, only 9 years old.

Please feel freee to contact me again on my email if I can help. My email is utopia@infowest.com.

Marni