Dogs: Tama and Missy, new fast friends *PIC*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Stephanie

Dogs: Tama and Missy, new fast friends *PIC*

Post by Stephanie »

Hi all!!

I am FINALLY posting a picture of Tama and our newly aquired family member, Missy. Missy is the dog that we are adopting who was hit by a train and lost her right front leg. She is such a pleasure to have and she is so much fun. These two get along so well. I will have more pics posted tomorrow, but for now, I only have one. The picture makes it look like they are tangled in ropes, but the rope is in the background and my husband actually is holding Missys leash and she is sitting on Tamas, hahaha. They are both looking at my husband and it only took about 10 minutes for them to sit still long enough for a picture, hahaha.

Stephanie, Tama and Missy

Cody's Mom

Re: Dogs: Tama and Missy, new fast friends

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hey Stephanie,

That picture made my day. The whole story with Missy is so heartwarming, especially to see how great it has all worked out. I think she was almost LUCKY, yes lucky, to get hit by a train. I don't know if she would have found such a great home otherwise.

Much love,

Cody's forever proud Mom
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Thanks!! I feel that WE are definately the lucky ones, she is just such a blessing. I don't know what her life was like before she went to the foster home, which the girl that took care of Missy was beyond wonderful, she really was, but I don't know what life was like before that. I know the word "heel" is not a good word for her, it's a bad word and we won't use it. I tried it once, she laid right down with her ears back and exposed her tummy...I just pictured someone YANKING on her when saying that word. I'm now trying out "whoah", hahaha. She is fun though and Missy and Tama are great friends who love to "fight" in the middle of the living room while we are trying to watch tv and every few seconds, you get a dog head popping up over the screen while they jump and bite each other, hahahaha. They are so much fun to watch. I'll tell you too, she can RUN!! She is strong and she is fast. Half the time when I have her on her leash to go to the bathroom, I feel like I'm trying to walk a hawk on a leash, it's like she can fly and jump and change directions in a flash, hahaha. Not a great thing at 6:00 in the morning, hahaha,

Stephanie Tama and Missy
Cody's Mom

Post by Cody's Mom »

Sounds like Tama is having a ball having a new sister!!!

Keep the great stories and the pics coming.
They're so heartwarming.

Much love,

Cody's forever proud Mom
Carol T.

Post by Carol T. »

This pic is definitely my favorite!! They're so gorgeous, and so cute with their little ears perked up like that! I love the update, too! Sounds like a happy family to me!!!!
Rita

Post by Rita »

Stephanie,

The picture is wonderful!!! It's so great how they are good friends now....after all the concern that they wouldn't get along.

If you have time, please scroll down to May 22 and read post from Steve Cannon who is thinking about adopting an amputee. I think he would love to hear from you!
Jenn

Post by Jenn »

What a great photo! Good Luck with her. Looks like she finally found her home! Congrats to you and your family.

Jenn.
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Thank you, we will!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

Stephanie, I am so happy for you and both of your babies. Missy was sent to the perfect new home and sounds like she and Tama will make each other forget that ever had any problems.

Love,

Christine and Bailey