Help Needed: Mason and Mollie

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Friend2Dogs

Help Needed: Mason and Mollie

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I just got back from the Vet . My Shis Tzu has cancer on her gums. They are taking it out in the morning.I now have to dogs with cancer. What is going on ?
Rita

Re: Help Needed: Mason and Mollie

Post by Rita »

Friend2Dogs,

Thank you for the info on the supplement. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog!!!
connie

Post by connie »

i just want to reach out and hug you, bless your heart, what you must be going through! i want you to know you and your pets are in my prayers.

hugs,

connie and cricket
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

The good thing is he said is not agressive cancer, bad thing is they have to take out alot of her teeth to get it out. Also in passing he mentioned her left eye was bugging and I asked why an he said could be hyperthroid or glucoma, then he said no more about it. What if he does not mention it after her surgery tomorrow? I do not like Vets here in Ok. they seem to care about only the money or taking care of cattle and horses where the big money is made.
Carol T.

Post by Carol T. »

Your babies are in my prayers, too, Friend2Dogs. I wonder if they did a biopsy before the diagnosis. Last year my vet referred me to the University of MO Vet Clinic. He diagnosed my Boxer, Sunny, with oral cancer. It turned out not to be cancer, but it was a terrible case of gingivitis. They did laser surgery on her gums, and some of her teeth had to come out. $700, and it seems to be recurring. I don't know anything about oral cancer, but I think I read a couple of recent posts from people who have experienced that with their pets. In those cases, it didn't sound like it's an aggressive form, either. Hang in there, you'll get past this. Hugs and good wishes from me and my fuzz kids.
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I took her in as I thought she had a bad tooth as all swollen. He took one look and said I have seen tons of these it is cancer non agressive and has to come out with some of her teeth.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dear Friend2Dogs,

You had enough problems already. I am glad they took it out and I am glad it is not aggressive.

It sounds like the vet was being thorough so that is what you need. If they are not thorough then they have to do surgery again to get what they missed the first time, and you don't want that.

I would be sure to get a copy of the pathology report. You will probably have to have your dog's mouth examined frequently from now on. Maybe every 3 months, I don't know but the vet will tell you.

Hang in there. It is good you caught it!
Christine

Post by Christine »

We are sending your babies healing prayers. Take care.

Christine and Bailey
eieiohmy

Post by eieiohmy »

Friend2Dogs, My heart, just hurts, thinking of all that you are going through. I am so sorry for Miss Mollie. How old is she?

Do they think she will be able to eat okay?

Please keep us posted. Blessings, Christie
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

The Dr. has not taken Moliie's cancer out yet, it will be this morning at eight thirty. He knew by looking at it what it was.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Friend2Dogs,

I am sorry I did not read the time on your message, I read it late at night and thought it was done earlier. I hope she is doing well.
Rita

Post by Rita »

I think that's good the vet said right away it wasn't an aggressive cancer and that he had seen lots of similar cases. One of my fur babies had the aggressive kind.

It's so important to have confidence in and be able to talk to your vet. I have a terrific one now but have had lots of losers in the past, some of whom cost the lives of more than one of my animals.

Please let us know how it goes today, and be sure to ask any questions you have, and insist upon clear explanations!
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

We are at home waiting for the call on Mollie. He said I can take her home tonight as I do not like her staying over night as no one will be there. while she is out he said he will check her eye to see what is wrong with it. Will let you know when I hear from the Dr.