Cancer: How to contact Barkley's Mom

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Cody's Mom

Cancer: How to contact Barkley's Mom

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hi all,

For any of you who may not have read the whole page about Barkley, I am going to post Barkley's Mom's info in case you want to contact her directly with more ideas about financial aid or possibly want to send a donation directly to her. I am hoping this is fine with her, but I am assuming it is because I got this info from Barkley's page.

Angela Smith (Barkley's Mom)

(978) 828-2737

ForTheLoveOfBarkley@yahoo.com

If you can help, please do so. I hate to see time run out on this guy. It seems he has a Mom who loves him very much. I know how much agony I have been in with losing Cody and he had all the medical treatment I could find. I can't imagine how Angela would feel if she lost Barkley due to him not being able to have the necessary treatment. I don't want to see Barkley's Mom suffer through what I have been.

Any help for Barkley and his Mom would be greatly appreciated. Remember NO gift is too small - even $1. Dollars add up and could eventually help pay for Barkley's much needed surgery. If you are able to help, please don't delay. It seems Barkley's life is hanging in the balance and time is of the essence.

Love and appreciation to all of you,

Cody's FOREVER proud Mom
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Angela says it's OK to contact her

Post by markcrobinson »

When I spoke to her this morning, she said it was OK for people to contact her directly.
For donations, all donations made through the handicappedpets.com website go directly to the NCSA for her - no one is taking ANY of it for administration fees, etc (in fact, Handicappedpets.com is not even deducting for the credit card charges we pay for the donations).
The only reason it makes sense to work to work through the NCSA is so that the donations can be tracked and are deductable. Donations made directly to her are not.

Thanks for all your support, several hundred dollars has been donated already (3pm Weds) -- but we've got a long way to go.
Cody's Mom

To Mark about Barkley

Post by Cody's Mom »

Donations to the NCSA are tax-deductible? I didn't know that. Should I keep a record or will they send a receipt? That is great!! In that case, I may have to dig out the credit card again.

Thanks, Cody's FOREVER proud Mom
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Tax Deductable

Post by markcrobinson »

Yes, the NCSA is a fully registered non-profit, with a certified tax exempt number, that can be made available to anyone who asks.
A receipt will be provided for any donation of $250 or more (as required by IRS) that will include that tax id number. Donations under $250 will be thanked, but the donor does not need the tax id number for IRS purposes.
Christine

Re: Tax Deductable

Post by Christine »

Just wondering how long we have until he can get the initial operation ($3,000 required) Are we close? Christine and Bailey
Cody's Mom

No, need more $$$

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hey Christine,

No, they are not close. I just got an e-mail from Barkley's Mom, Angela, and she said they only had $300 collected as of 10 pm last night.

Love, Cody's FOREVER proud Mom
Christine

Re: No, need more $$$

Post by Christine »

Why does everything always have to come down to the dollar...it's just not fair.I found another financial help link - don't think it has been posted yet and don't know how much it will help, but here it is:
http://awnlc.net/FinancialHelp.htm

Also, just a note on Care Credit. I had to use them last year for my husband's surgery and they gave us a year at 0% balance. They probably will not offer it, you have to ask at the vet and they have to request it.

Let her know she and Barkley are in our prayers.

Love,

Christine and Bailey
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm too tired and befuddled to go back to the original posts, but is the $3000 for amputation? If so, why's it SO high? I wonder if they could call around their area and see if somebody'd do it for less. The price differences around here are astounding! I never had Tristalyn's arm amputated because the nerve damage healed, but I checked into it, and the quotes were several hundred $$ different, even for a kitty.
Cody's Mom

Post by Cody's Mom »

I think the $3000 is for amputation. I don't know why it's so high, but have you seen the picture? This is no ordinary tumor. It's huge. The tumor is 20 pounds. They said Barley can't walk well because it is SO big and heavy. I'm sure there is a lot of nerve and blood vessel involvement with it being so large.

Barkley is currently hospitalized due to his needs so that is running up the bill also. Apparently, he will remain hospitalized until after surgery to remove the leg. It will be $6000-7000 for the whole bill.

I hope more people will donate as Barkley is in dire need and last I checked, they had only collected a few hundred dollars.

Love, Cody's FOREVER proud Mom