Dogs: Fecal incontinence products

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Kristin

Dogs: Fecal incontinence products

Post by Kristin »

I have a 30 day old Eng. Bullgog who was brought to my clinic with spinal problems, the breeder could not deal with urinary and fecal incontinence, so opted to euthanize him. I could not see this, so I asked him to let me have him, and I'd learn to manage. I am almost sure of the fecal incontinence, but not so sure about urinary inc. I need to find some pet diaper products for fecal incontinence if in the future his inc. does not improve. Pleasehelp.
Thank You
Kristin
Vet Tech
critters
Founding Member

Re: Dogs: Fecal incontinence products *LINK*

Post by critters »

Cody's Mom

Re: Dogs: Fecal incontinence products

Post by Cody's Mom »

Hey Kristin,

I wanted to say thank you for taking in this baby and not letting him be put down just because of incontinence. You are very special to do this. I am sure you can manage. A lot of people manage pets with incontinence as I did with Cody also.

Critters gave you a great link to the diaper page. Human baby diapers work good and it should be fairly easy to figure out what size since your baby is so young. There is a size chart on the diaper page to give you an idea where to start.

Good Luck and keep us posted. Please post again if you have questions. There are lots of people here with experience with spinal problems.

Love, Cody's FOREVER proud Mom
FYI

Bulldog incontinence products

Post by FYI »

Seasonals squatty body style diapers for bulldogs

TinkleTrousers for bulldogs

http://www.allpets.co.za/dogbreeds/buldogs.htm

"The extremely short tail of the bulldog can predispose some of them to have spinal cord disorders near the tail end of the spinal cord. A few will have urinary or fecal incontinence."