Dogs: Oh My Gosh - A Miracle

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
kruzen55

Dogs: Oh My Gosh - A Miracle

Post by kruzen55 »

Carol and all......

Today Molly and I were on our lower deck by the pool and I went up to my kitchen to make a little lunch....When I went out 20 minutes later Molly was up on the upper deck!!!! She went up 8 steps - 8 STEPS!!!! I put her back on the lower deck to see if she could do it again and she struggled up 2 steps. I think she was really tired from her triumphant journey up the 8 steps.

I know she struggled but she did do it. Funny Carol, you just said yesterday to put a treat on the steps to see if she would go up and she went up 8....Holy Cow!!!!

Again to all of you who feel it's hopeless....Molly wasn't ever supposed to walk again after her January surgery and 7 months later she's doing really well.

There's hope for all of you, please don't give up, it's slow but progress is happening.

Talk to you later,
susan
molly and buffy too!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Thank you thank you thank you thank you etc. etc.

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

What a wonderful update! I share your glee! They do amaze us and guess what, OUT OF LOVE FOR US!I truly believe they are completely motivated by love. (In AmbrrNanaDog's case, it's a love of popcorn but ...)
I am so very happy for you. Sometimes there are tiny setbacks, so if this doesn't happen every day, don't be discouraged.
Thank you for wonderful news! YAYAYAY
CarolC

Too Cool!!!

Post by CarolC »

I'll bet she was sooooo proud of herself after she accomplished that. She must have had a trememdous feeling of satisfaction. She'll do it again--now she knows she <u>can</u>. Way to go, Molly! Happy for both of you! :)
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

happy dancin

Post by Bendy Kitty »

yeah for stairs and treats and people who don't give up!

bounce bounce
hop
boingboingboing
hop
bounce
(User Above) wrote: :)

pass out the shrimpies to celebrate!

bendy kitty
connie

Re: Dogs: Oh My Gosh - A Miracle

Post by connie »

congrat molly!! i knew she'd do it susan!

hugs connie
Jane Scott

Re: Dogs: Oh My Gosh - A Miracle

Post by Jane Scott »

Hurray for Molly, I just saw her video the other day and thought oh my, she walks just like Harley. I don't think he'll be doing stairs anytime soon unless I get a contractor out to modify them. Dachies legs are just too short to climb deck stairs. MMM... maybe I should just do that! Congrats to you both. Jane