Dogs: Paisley

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Karen Hudgin

Dogs: Paisley

Post by Karen Hudgin »

We have a 11 year border collie. Three years ago she had a disc rupture. We had here operated on and she miraculously came back. Unfortunately this week she had another rupture. She has been operated on, but the Vet's are not happy with her condition. They feel she will never walk again, as well the disease may carry up her spine towards her lungs. If anyone has any stories, please please send them to us we are at our last hope....She is so much an integral part of our life we cannot just let her go. I want to bring her home if not for only a few days months years I will take any bought time. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.....too soon to say good-bye
kruzen55

Re: Dogs: Paisley

Post by kruzen55 »

hi karen,

my molly (cocker spaniel) to had a ruptured disk and the surgeon said she'd never walk again. if you haven't seen my recent posts take a look at the video posted on www.youtube.com and put in 'molly movie part two' in the search. you will see molly flying around the front yard and even taking a pee. she is 7 months post op and doing great. i truly don't think that the vets know everything and you will see there are many stories on here of animals that have come back when there was no hope.

give it time,
susan
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Karen,
Are they saying they belive Paisley has developed Myelomalacia? When was the surgery? Keeping Paisley in my prayers.
Cindi
connie

Post by connie »

don't give up, read some of the posts here about some of our kids with ruptured disks. my cricket beat the odds, so did susan's molly. i would crate rest tho till dog heals. i am a firm believer of crate rest. like humans they need to heal. vets don't know everything. i was lucky and blessed to have 2 pulling for cricket, they worked so hard for him. but at first his progress was very dim. but he was a fighter,. still is. if you went through this once you can do it again. give her a chance. your in my prayers. keep us informed on her progress.

hugs,

connie and cricket