Help Needed: urinary incontinence after spay

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Laura

Help Needed: urinary incontinence after spay

Post by Laura »

I have a four year old doberman. I had to have her spayed at 6 months per breeder contract. She has had urinary incontinence ever since. I have tried bitches britches and disposable diapers but with having no tail to hold them up she takes a couple of steps and they fall off. Any thoughts or ideas on what I can do. Thanks so much for the help.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

they may have nicked her

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

have you talked to vet? the urethra may have been nicked. Quite common in human surgeries in that area.
Barbara Boehmer

Re: Help Needed: urinary incontinence after spay

Post by Barbara Boehmer »

If you click on the link below, then scroll down, there is a section on various methods of keeping pet diapers on, including suspenders and onesies, with photos and links:

pet diapers
Laura

Re: they may have nicked her

Post by Laura »

The vet told me that sometimes this just happens. I've tried all the pills they can prescribe they don't work. I need a fix for my house's sake and peace of mind for Layna (my dobe).
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you so much I'll try them. Now if I can just get them in her size she is about 100lbs. Most of these kind of things come in small sizes. Thanks so much for your help Layna thanks you and my house thanks you.
Laura

Re: Don't forget adult diapers.

Post by Laura »

I tried adult depends and even the small was too big. I've got some goodnites (they are for older kids that have bladder problems) they seem to fit Ok but they just won't stay up. I'm guessing but I think its because she doesn't have a tail. Her tail was docked shortly after birth. Thanks for the help
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

masons diaper would not stay up because he scooted on floor. I used masking tape on diaper around leg openings and tucked in snug and taped at waist. I bought also a a cloth diaper that has vecro ( is washable) and put over the diposable diaper. It woked. I bought cloth diaper cover at Pet Smart and pull ups at dollar store.
kruzen55

Post by kruzen55 »

hi,

When Molly was in diapers I used a puppy pant over the diaper so that the diaper wouldn't fall off. It had velcro around the wasteband so you could make it snug. Worked like a charm. I was going to use suspenders for little kids but couldn't find any. The potty pants worked fine. I bought them on ebay.

susan
Laura

Post by Laura »

The masking tape kind of scares me I wouldn't want to make it too tight, but I'll try it thanks
Laura

Post by Laura »

everyone has been so helpfull thanks so much for all your imputs I've got a lot of things to try.

Thanks again
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I mean the paper masking tape and do not put on any part of fur. I would just take a small part of diaper and tuck over and tear off a small strip of the tape ,just to make diaper fit snug so it would not fall off. The diaper cover worked great and was washable. If you put a pad inside you would not even need a dispsable diaper.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions Layna got to sleep with me last night and if anybody knows dobermans they are refered to as velcro dogs she was a very happy puppy.