Other: Carol C and Molly's Mom

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Michele

Other: Carol C and Molly's Mom

Post by Michele »

Hello to both of you. I sent you both a reply back to your kind messages you sent to me concerning my Chihuahua, Sunshine. I sent them Saturday evening...but noticed I do not see them here on the board. Did you get them in your email box? I shows them as being sent in my box. I just wanted to make sure you got my reply as I am so appreciative for you both for taking time to post. I can resend them to your email if you did not get them. Thank you, jerrodsmom@yahoo.com
kruzen55

Re: Other: Carol C and Molly's Mom

Post by kruzen55 »

hi michele,

Yes, i received your message and replied to it. I said that molly's legs did and do twitch and move and that you shouldn't give up since Molly's prognosis was so grim and look how well she is doing.

keep the faith they are stronger than we think,
susan
Michele

Post by Michele »

Hi Molly's Mom. I had actually sent a message thanking both you and Carol C. for taking the time to reply to me, but it does not show up. So what I wanted to do was to say thank you to both you and Carol C. for taking the time to post such wonderful messages back to me. I am so excited about your Molly and I appreciate you being so kind to post. I was happy to see that she was able to walk up the steps on Sunday. To Carol C, I wanted to say what a wonderful and giving person you are to take on such a responsibility after finding her behind your workplace. I do not know of anyone that would do that. I think most people I know think we are crazy for the time and devotion we have given to Sunshine since she has been sick. Only my immediate family memembers really get it. It is all about love....unconditional love. Carol you wanted to know a little more about Sunshine...since I am not sure if you got my last post...I wanted to let you know that she is not able to urinate on her own...I express her about 4 times a day. So far she has no control of her bowels, but has at least one bowel movement a day. She barks to let me know to change her diaper! When I was finished expressing her bladder yesterday, I sat her back down to get a treat and her hind end started shacking like...and she had a bowel movement....to me it was like maybe she was trying to lift her legs but could not. Also, each time I express her bladder or she has a bowels movement, her tail wags wildly..... And, when I squeeze her bladder her hing legs lift up. Now, the Neurologist will tell me all of this is relfex I am sure.... but I wonder if it is more than that. Also Carol would you mind telling me what wheel chair brand you tried for you dog. Thank you both again....you have both given me hope....a priceless gift that helps you keep on going!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Michele,

Thanks for writing, I am glad to hear back from you. I did not get your reply, but I do not put email notification.

> To Carol C, I wanted to say what a wonderful and giving person you are to take on such a responsibility after finding her behind your workplace. I do not know of anyone that would do that.

That's nice of you to say, but you will find it isn't just me. If you stick around (hope you do) you will find other people here who rescue total strangers that happen to be animals. :) In my case, I consider myself lucky. If I could have thought up a dog to wish for, she would be close to it.

> I wanted to let you know that she is not able to urinate on her own...I express her about 4 times a day. So far she has no control of her bowels, but has at least one bowel movement a day.

Good, it sounds like you have that under control. Are you satisfied with the way your bowel and bladder care is going? Is <i>she</i> satisfied? :) Any problems? It sounds good.

> She barks to let me know to change her diaper!

They're smart, aren't they?

> When I was finished expressing her bladder yesterday, I sat her back down to get a treat and her hind end started shacking like...and she had a bowel movement....to me it was like maybe she was trying to lift her legs but could not.

I know exactly what you mean. When you squeeze the bladder, you are likely to squeeze the colon, too. My dog does a mid-air squat while urinating and also when moving her bowel. If she is seated and suddenly she needs to move her bowel (which is rare--she has very slow bowels), she starts to flex her knees, and wants to stand up but can't, so she tries to scoot away from herself in a panic. Normally I express her bowel every day, just as I do her bladder, and this keeps her moving and prevents mishaps.

> Also Carol would you mind telling me what wheel chair brand you tried for you dog.

Yes, I can tell you which brand of wheelchair, but they don't make them any more. It was a cart from K-9 Carts. Since then, K-9 Carts has revised their models of wheelchairs and they are very different now. I sometimes want to get her another wheelchair, like from Eddie's Wheels maybe, but I've never done it. If you discover a wheelchair you are happy with for your dog, please let me know!

By the way, how much does she weigh and what does she look like?
Michele

Post by Michele »

Hi there. I am hoping I will get the hang of the message board so that my messages will actually post!
I have seen so many wonderful post on here about wonderful people as yourself who rescue dogs. I guess what I meant is I really do not personally know of anyone who would do it for a stray dog, and most have confessed not even there own. I had one lady tell me could I not just buy another one like her...I told her NO, I Love HER.... you can not just get another one! There was never a second thought for me about the money...I knew I will sacrafice what I have to for however long it takes...but my heart could not give her up. My son and my husband all my family all love her and understand, yet most friends do not "get it". My husband has been wonderful about letting me make the choice about having the surgery...which was $4,000.00 ...and with other expenses it is about $6,000 in less than two months. To me, she is priceless. The love she gives far exceeds any pricetag. I ordered the Dewey Cart for her...it should come tommorrow. We are very excited about that. It was suppose to come 6/30, but UPS damaged it enroute and had to send it back. I will let you know how it works for her. I will go for now...and I will try and post a picture for you...(if I can figure it out)
connie

Post by connie »

i know exactly how you feel. cricket's surgery was a lot, but i am working very long overtime hours for it and every time i come home from work and he meets me at the door, i get my reward. no human could ever thank me more for the money and time as this little fellow of mine does in his love and devotion. he was adopted, i fought it, but he insisted on being mine. lol.
never a day goes by that i don't realize i am blessed. my vet told me, if cricket had to have had this injury, thank god it was me that owned him". i was so touched by that remark.
but i am the lucky one! if he could talk, his motto would be" never give up"!!. when he makes a new step or progress of any kind, he looks up at me, barks and does it over and over. it's as if he is saying" look what i can do" lol

hugs , connie and cricket
connie

Post by connie »

yes, i know exactly how you feel. cricket's surgery was a lot, but i am working very long overtime hours for it and every time i come home from work and he meets me at the door, i get my reward. no human could ever thank me more for the money and time as this little fellow of mine does in his love and devotion. he was adopted, i fought it, but he insisted on being mine. lol.
never a day goes by that i don't realize i am blessed. my vet told me, if cricket had to have had this injury, thank god it was me that owned him". i was so touched by that remark.
but i am the lucky one! if he could talk, his motto would be" never give up"!!. when he makes a new step or progress of any kind, he looks up at me, barks and does it over and over. it's as if he is saying" look what i can do" lol

hugs , connie and cricket