Dogs: Paisley - Updated Condition

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Karen Hudgin

Dogs: Paisley - Updated Condition

Post by Karen Hudgin »

Hi everyone you all have been fabulous the only way I have been able to carry on!

Ok...we are going to pick Paisley up this afternoon, and they want us to do they want Paisley to keep the cathytr in, and give us extra bags? My husband wants the cathytr out, he is concerned about infection etc. Is the cathytr ok for a few more days?
BethT

Re: Dogs: Paisley - Updated Condition

Post by BethT »

Hi Karen,

I am so glad that you are bringing Paisley home today. I took Waffles out of the hospital 2 days post surgery. He was very out of it and would not eat in the hospital. Waffles did not eat for 5 days after he got home so don't get too worried if this happens with Paisley. At the time my vet told me that dogs can go a long time without eating.

As far as the catheter goes. It may make your life a little less stressful while Paisley is recovering if the catheter is left in for a few more days. Is she on an antibiotic now? Do they want you to bring Paisley back in a few days to remove the catheter? Are they then going to show you how to express her bladder. Is there a vet close by that you can go to incase you have a problem expressing her? Most of us have taken some time to get good at expressing so you may need a back up plan (vet close by to do it if you can not right away). Again, don't let the vets discourage you. Lots of paralyzed dogs have great lives. Waffles does not even know he has a problem. Keep us posted. BethT
Karen Hudgin

Re: Dogs: Paisley - Updated Condition

Post by Karen Hudgin »

Thanks so much, apparently they have taken the cathatyr out. I am just so tired of this roller coaster, one minute not too bad the next is they come up with more bad news. We will find out tonight. Will keep you posted and thanks so much.