Dogs: TAMA HAS PASSED, MY GOD!!!!

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Stephanie

Re: Dogs: TAMA HAS PASSED, MY GOD!!!!

Post by Stephanie »

Thank you Carol. I hated to think that he was alone. I hated thinking that he was wondering where we were to help. I also think that if he had the strength in his hind legs, he could have pulled away from the chain link, which we are now getting rid of.

Stephanie Missy and forever loving Tama
Danni

Post by Danni »

OMG. that is sad and sooo scary. i would be a huge disaster for the rest of my life if i saw that happen to my dog, Keela. i am so sad for u.
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please don't play the blame game with yourselves. I know it is natural to do so, but I truely believe your dog would not want you to be thinking like that. Things happen and you can't spend your life saying the "if onlys."

You probablly don't know me very well but I just wanted you to know Tama and your family was a shining light of inspiration for me and my cat who had an FCE and my family. Just reading what you wrote and your updates of his progress enabled me to go on and help my cat walk again. I was utterly heartbroken when the FCE happened, and your positivity and encouragement and your dogs strength and will to get better enabled us to get through what was the most difficult time in my life (I have had a chronic illness for four years too (I'm 20) so I say that with no exageration either). I will be forever grateful for your family and him.

*Hugs,* and *More Hugs.* Thank you so much for sharing Tama with us, I truely cannot say thank you enough. Please take care of yourselves and know that Tama would not want you to be so upset.

I don't know if you know this, but I am from New Zealand and the name Tama appears in many Maori culture stories. Tama was a man whose strength helped others in amazing ways. He spent his earthly and spirit life being a beacon of strength for many. He would help those that were wounded, that were upset and afraid and that felt like they couldn't go on. I know your dog is the same as that man in Maori folklore. He will be protecting you.
connie

Post by connie »

oh stephanie, i am so so very sorry for your loss. my heart breaks for you. i cried all the while i read your post. how horrible for all of you. but i know he knew you loved him, your were a great fur mom, never doubt that.
please know that you and your family are in my prayers always.

hugs, connie and cricket
linda

Post by linda »

i am so sorry for your loss of tama. i know when a death of our pets is a tragedy it is so hard to get it out of our minds. we lost our 4-1/2 yr old australlian shepard reba 6 yrs ago after she was hit by a car. i still see that when i think of that day. the gates were closed and all three dogs were out. her sydney and shadow. suddenly the kids yelled reba was out . when i ran to look i saw her get hit and so did my kids. it was devestating. the pain does get milder but the memories still bother me. please know i uderstand how you feel. god bless all of the people who love their animals so much. i am very sorry.
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Your post about Tama came to me ,Friend2Dogs, I lost Mason 6 days ago not Tama.
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Stephanie
I am so sorry for your loss Tears poured while I was reading you're message. We hope things get better for you!
Eros & Tiffany
=-)(a smile for you)
BethT

Post by BethT »

Dear Stephanie,

I don't even know what to say. I am so, so, sorry about Tama. I had a hard time reading through your post it was so sad. I can not even imagine what you must be feeling. My heart is broken for you. Again I am so sorry. BethT
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

many many purrrs to you

Post by Bendy Kitty »

there is nothing we can say that will make the pain lessen
no matter what happens, it seems there are always "what if"s
cry your eyes and heart out until you think you can cry no more
then cry more
if you would like a memorial stone we can reccomend a place, we get all ours done there, they work from a photo you send.
we find it helps us a lot to have a memorial, and to make a photo album. but sometimes the pain is too close.
grief is a horrible thing

*kneading on you with his soft paws and purrrrring gently*

bendy
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Linda,

Thank you. I am sorry, that memory has to be horrific. We do just love our animals, don't we? It makes you sick to know that while we are grieving our animals over something so tragic, there are people out there who do this on purpose. I know accidents happen, but it is just so fresh and eventually, I will be able to offer my words of support to someone who has lost their loved furry child.

Stephanie Missy
Forever with us, Tama
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Everyone on this board has just been so wonderful and supportive, but your letter touched me so deep. I don't even know how to thank you for your words. I always posted stories of Tama, just like everyone else does with their animals, but it was wonderful to know that our stories have helped and I truly thank you for letting me know. I am going to print this letter out and give it to my husband, he is just so broken right now. He will love it. He used to laugh at me at first over the fact that I LOVE this board and the people, your letter will just help him understand why. He did not laugh to be mean, he is a sweet man, he laughed because he just thought it was great.

I love the story of Tama. He was wonderful.

Thank you,
Stephanie Missy
Forever loving Tama
Stephanie

Re: many many purrrs to you

Post by Stephanie »

I would love the link, thank you and many petting sessions to you!! Thanks Bendy for the support, I need it right now.
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

I know you feel horrible and that is what I love about this site, we feel for our friends. We feel the pain because we understand more of what we go through on a daily basis with our animals that other people who do not have wonderful pets like ours. This site is full of people who are dedicated to their pets and taking care of them. I thank all of you.

Stephanie Missy
Forever loving Tama
LisainCAN

I don't know what to say

Post by LisainCAN »

Words fail me. All I can write is that I am so so sorry. A lot of people are sharing in your pain right now and maybe this will be some small comfort to you.

Thinking of you in Canada,
Lisa.
linda

Post by linda »

yes its very hard when we lose them to these tragedies, and i know some other a****le people do stuff on purpose to hurt and kill them. i wish people like that the most miserable life they can have for harming a innocent animal, no matter what kind it is. i keep thinking all our pets who have passed before us, are looking down from heaven and they dont miss us, they are just enjoying their new lives up there. but they know that when it is our time, they will be there waiting in a line with all the other pets we lost to meet us and will be so happy to see us.