Other: To Stephanie

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Christine

Other: To Stephanie

Post by Christine »

Dear Stephanie,

I happened to check the board from work today, something I usually would not do and your post about Tama was the first thing I saw. It took my breath away and I was overcome with the sadness you must be feeling. I could hardly speak through the tears when I had to take a call.

You are the first person I encountered with this board. Your loving spirit and generousity in sending me Tama's sling for Bailey was my introduction to this wonderful group of people. I loved your stories about Tama and Missy and your family - always uplifting and filled with the love you all share. Your Tama was the recipient of nothing but love and precious care, he knew it before and he knows it even more now. I also believe that he was not alone and did not suffer, but rather was taken into the arms of an angel when his time came.

I also believe that Missy came into your life to ease this loss as someone more powerful than us decides the path of our lives.

You are an inspiration to so many of us who read this board, let us hold you up until you feel you can do that yourself. Sending much love and prayers for peace to you and your family.

Love,

Christine and Bailey
Rita

Re: Other: To Stephanie

Post by Rita »

Christine,

Your words to Stephanie were absolute poetry. Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Rita
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Christine,

Thank you so much. We are just so sad and broken right now. I try so hard just to make it through the work day without having blotches all over my face. Like Rita said, you letter was poetry and it really TRULY did make me feel as if Tama and his stories made a difference. I loved him. I still do. It's the visuals that I have in my head of him, trying to break free that just kill me. I will see him again. I know I will. I love all of you who have held me up, I thank you so much. Missy is just a wonderful dog and if it were not for the family that we have on this site, I probably would not have gotten her. At least Tama had a best friend these past few weeks and he had a ton of fun with his best friend Missy. They were truly inseperable. He could not run around like she could, but he would lay on the floor while she jumped around and they would growl and bite each others necks. Both would walk away covered with white goober slobber and we would get grossed out until we could wipe it off, which was like rubber, but, hahaha, they were having fun.

Thank you Christine.

Stephanie, Missy
Loving forever Tama
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Rita,

I have written back and forth with you in the past and I really appreciate all of your help and well wishes. I know all of you on this site feel for me, just as I have felt for the others on this site who have lost their animals. I have tried to be a support system for paralyzed and amputee animals, but now, eventually, I can be support to those who have lost their wonderful companions. Eventually, I will get there. I just wish it did not happen. We have learned a horrible lesson. No more chokers for us. Ever. We never even used it for training, we would tease Tama and tell him that he looked like a tough dog in his chains. We used his choker more for show, hahaha, he did look handsome. Thank you Rita.

Stephanie Missy
Forever loving Tama
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Rita, I agree... Christine spoke more eloquently than I coul

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Stephanie, we share your loss, and we cry with you.
Stephanie

Re: Rita, I agree... Christine spoke more eloquently than I

Post by Stephanie »

I know you do. That is why I love you guys so much. You know my heart is just breaking. I'm fine until I think of him and how much we loved that guy. The thing is, all of you understand because you love your animals just as much.
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Christine,

Thank you. Thank you so much. I have had so much support from so many people. We are our own pet people, we care for our animals the way that regular pets don't get cared for. We know our animals are special and that just creates better bonds with our babies. Tamas death was just so senseless, I have such a hard time when I remember how he looked. At first I though he got out somehow and got hit by a car and then crawled back. But when my poor husband ran to him, we knew. We've learned a terrible lesson. The toughest one in my life. I said to my husband at lunch today, that I have never been so bummed out in my life. Not over past break-ups with boyfriends (we all know how they can suck when your younger) not over deaths of people, not over anything. I know we will move on, every day gets easier. It's easier today, that is for sure. My eyes don't resemble a frogs so much today as they did yesterday...Christine, thank you for your kind words, I'm going to share them with my family tonight and we'll have a good cry over a good dog. We still have Missy and when the time is right, she will get another friend. My husband said today that Missy would never have adjusted so well to us, had Tama not been there to be her gentleman friend.

Stephanie Missy
Forever Loving Tama Lama Ding Dong
LisainCAN

We ARE a special bunch

Post by LisainCAN »

"The thing is, all of you understand because you love your animals just as much."

Sometimes more than people!

My animals are my life. My husband at first didn't get it but now he cuddles the littlest kittens when they are sick and he pets our newly-rescued, formerly starved goat until it stops being scared.

Still thinking of you and your husband.

Stephanie, my mom does too *PIC*

Have the visuals. They tore her apart, and me, watching her from somewhere that she could not see, nor feel, nor touch, nor talk to me. What my mom imagines is far worse than I actually experienced. I was out of my body in a flash. I was gone before I stopped breathing. Mom doesn't believe that, because she is, of course, my mom. But it's true, Stephanie, we are gone once the spark leaves. We are gone to a place where we can see you, love you, and try to comfort you. I was met at the Bridge. By AllixMurderedPup, by Madeleine, by all the critters (mom says, sorry critters) whose own departures tore my heart out. This gave my mom huge comfort. She knows her family will be reunited at the bridge. She is the only one still on the other side of it. So you will see your Growly Bear. He is right here, beside me... Mom says Hugs, Stephanie, and know your baby boy is fine. I'll take care of him til you get here.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Dear Stephanie,
I was so sorry to read about your loss of Tama. As many have already said, our bond with our special needs pets is something that others will never truly understand. By caring for them we develop a relationship that we carry with us for the rest of our lives. However, because of that relationship our pain is so overwhelming whenever it is time to say goodbye.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Sincerely, Jean
Stephanie

Re: We ARE a special bunch

Post by Stephanie »

We ARE a special bunch, aren't we...my husband used to giggle at me at first over me joining this place, in good humor since he is a big marshmallow, but when I printed off everyones responses to Tamas death, he was truly touched. I know they made him feel better too. I truly thank you!!

Stephanie Missy and Tama in spirit
Stephanie

Re: Stephanie, my mom does too

Post by Stephanie »

(THE TEARS ARE REALLY FLOWING NOW)

Andy,

You are one heck of a guy. Not only did you truly make me feel better, knowing Tama is there beside you, even though you don't know him, but you'll watch him and all the other critters that have passed. Your mom is an amazing lady beyond words and most special. I have not even contacted my mom, simply because it would do no good. We don't talk, but not because I never wanted to. She chose a life that did not include us and to know that your mom is just as caring about other people and their problems, even though she only knows us through this site, means so much. Not only are you watching over our animals, your mom is watching over us and helping us get through these situations that could just break some people and she manages to diminish our pain even hers is just incredible. Bless her and I love her for this.

Many thanks,
Stephanie Missy and always Tama
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Thank you Jean, your letter means alot.

Stephanie Missy and forever Tama

(((Stephanie))) your mom should always be there for you...

Moms. That's what they do. You know this. YOu have kids. Two and four leggers...
Our moms love us. Forever and for always.
Your pups and your kids have the best mom ever. You are the best mom ever.