Dogs: Further Explanation of Expressing Video *PIC*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
kruzen55

Dogs: Further Explanation of Expressing Video *PIC*

Post by kruzen55 »

Hi Terry and Others,

On my video I pick Molly up and place my forearm under her belly by her backlegs. I roll my arm back and forth until I hit the right spot and it comes out like a little faucet. Sometimes I may bend my body a little bit to put a little bit more pressure on the spot once I find it. I know immediately that I find the spot because she'll lift her legs in the air like she's squatting.

As for the 'poop' expressing, I lift the tail and with rolled toilet paper, I pump her little butt like a plunger. I don't go in, I just stimulate it and if she has to go it will automatically open up and start to come out. I wait about 20 seconds and pump again because it usually takes two times to get it all out.

Sometimes when I let her out as soon as she's out the door the poop starts coming, so she does poop on her own but I still do the method because I'm not sure she feels it when she's pooping so it does avoid messes in the house.

I'm attaching the video again in case others haven't seen it.

Carol - if you're reading this can you post this in your library so that it can be a reference in the future?

thanks,
susan

Here's the link in case it doesn't attach properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evu5n1dOc7U

CarolC

All thumbs up--that's a smash hit!!! :)

Post by CarolC »

Hi Susan,

Yes, I'd love to add it! I was going to ask about including the link for reference. And now that you've written this message, using it as well. Do you know how long the video will be available for people to watch on YouTube?

I will get it added Saturday if not sooner. I think I will link in both the express and bowel management articles.

This is absolutely <b>GREAT!</b> Thank you!!!!!

P.S. Critters, is this something HP could have permanently, instead of leaving it on YouTube? Then you'd know it would always be available.
kruzen55

Re: All thumbs up--that's a smash hit!!! :)

Post by kruzen55 »

Carol,

My first video that i posted in March is still on YouTube so I don't know about the length they keep them on.

I can send it to you via email if you'd like and you could permanently post it.

Let me know if that's what you want to do.

susan