Amputation: Speck update

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
BethT

Amputation: Speck update

Post by BethT »

Hi everyone,

Well I heard from my vet at 3PM. He said Speck's surgery went "beautifully". She was just waking up and is on some good pain meds. He believes that she may be coming home tomorrow. I am very relieved but still scared as I think of her possible pain and confusion. I just wish it was possible to explain it to them. I had cut off some fur from her left front leg before I took her this morning. After my vet called and I knew she was OK and the leg was gone, I placed that fur in the little box that her sister Mardi's ashes (she died of cancer) are in. It just felt like it belonged there. I want to thank you all so much for all the positive thoughts and prayers. I can not wait to see her but am afraid at the same time. Thanks all again. BethT
connie

Re: Amputation: Speck update

Post by connie »

so glad she is doing fine. be brave, i know she will be. sometimes i think we are more stressed out than our pets. she knows you love her, you'll be great. my prayers are with you both.

hugs, connie and cricket
critters
Founding Member

Re: Amputation: Speck update

Post by critters »

She'll probably adjust VERY quickly; just follow her lead. Keep her, her food, water, bed, and litter handy, perhaps in a smallish spot or room, until she's ready to go farther. She'll probably wobble and fall some, until she figures how to move the 1 to the middle to balance for 2. Kitties are VERY resourceful critters!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

purrin hard for Speck!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

glad to hear the surgery went well and that she is waking up.
we've had several amputation cases here and they all recovered quickly. Hopefully Speck will too!

thanks for keeping us up to date, give Speck scritches and smoochies and shrimpies from Bendy & the gang!

bendy