Dogs: TO ALL WHO HAVE LOST BELOVED DOGS

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Ginny Potterveld

Dogs: TO ALL WHO HAVE LOST BELOVED DOGS

Post by Ginny Potterveld »

My heart goes out to Stephanie and all who have lost beloved dogs. I hope that the following will help you as it has helped me:

TEXT TAKEN FROM A MEMORIAL

"...For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes she leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling,laughing, begging, it matters not where that dog sleeps. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream she knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pastureland where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is one to a dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained and nothing lost - if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog.

If you bury her in this spot, she will come to you when you call - come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well remembered path and to your side again. And although you may call a dozen living dogs to heel, they shall not growl at her nor resent her coming, for she belongs there.

People will scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by her footfall, who hear no whimper, people who have never really had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of her master..."

Anonymous
From "The Loss of a Pet" by Wallace Sife
Patrice

Re: Dogs: How Beautiful... *NoMsg*

Post by Patrice »

Friend2Dogs

Re: Dogs: TO ALL WHO HAVE LOST BELOVED DOGS

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Thank you so much for this , I lost my Mason July 6th, the pain is so raw. I miss him . I buried him under a tree in our back yard.
BethT

Post by BethT »

That was so beautiful Ginny. I copied and saved it. BethT
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Ginny,

That was just beautiful. It really was. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinking of me and my family. My heart will always be full of Tama and every memory will be good ones. Except when he would sniff our food and when we would tell him to lay down (which we ALWAYS save him a bite anyway)he would shake. We all know how Shepherds NEVER shed...kidding. Ultimately, fur was in our food. I'm convinced he knew what he was doing, even when he would wipe his eye goobers on my leg when I was wearing my work clothes...I love him. Thank you. The pain is less today than it was yesterday, but all of your support brings me to tears all over again. Only because the way everyone cares, I mean truly cares, is just so meaningful. I would not have gotten through this as well, without everyones support. Thank you.

Stephanie Missy and forever Tama
Ginny Potterveld

Post by Ginny Potterveld »

Tears are good - they are a part of healing. You have many wonderful memories of Tama which will comfort you. Although you may not feel it possible at this time, a new pup will help console you as well.
God bless,
Ginny