News: The Trip is off

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Paul Coover

News: The Trip is off

Post by Paul Coover »

Well, the trip is off. I received word that the 2 dachshunds have been placed in another home. I'm glad that they are in another home, but at the same time I am not too pleased with the way that this was handled. We had an agreement, and then she finds them another home. Am I overreacting? Maybe, but it just bothers me a little. Well, until the next dachshund needs help here in New England, we stand at 5!
Carol T.

Re: News: The Trip is off

Post by Carol T. »

Sorry for your disappointment, Paul. I should be getting accustomed to it, but there does seem to be a deficit in kindness and consideration these days. I have wanted to tell you that you made me incredibly homesick when talking about Bar Harbor and Brewer recently!! Brewer is just across the bridge from where I was born and raised.
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Well Phooey! I'm sorry and I know you are dissappointed, but I have a feeling there is a little doxie rescue out there that really needs the love of someone like you and your family.
Hugs,
Cindi
Paul Coover

Post by Paul Coover »

Wow, Carol. Are you from Bangor? I was there all day today. After the cancelled trip, I decided to take my wife to Bangor and spend the day (and some money!) there.
Carol T.

Post by Carol T. »

That's my home town all right!! Last year a friend of mine from Maine who also lives in MO went back to visit. I gave him a huge shopping list...including fried clams, which he filled!! I would LOVE to move back there! Where are you? You can email me at carlie02@hotmail.com.