Other: BethT: How is Speck doing today?

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Cindidoxiemom

Other: BethT: How is Speck doing today?

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Beth~
Just wanted to check and see how you and Speck were doing. Hope you both are getting some rest.
Hugs,
Cindi
BethT

Re: Other: BethT: How is Speck doing today?

Post by BethT »

Hi Cindi,

I was able to bring Speck home today. She was somewhat agitated at first. We have her closed in her favorite bedroom. She was trying to get under the bed but 2 days ago we took the bed off the frame and box springs and just put the mattress on the floor. I did not want her to try to jump up on it. Anyway, the poor thing is trying to get under and there is no under anymore. Her incision is pretty huge. It is a little puffy and red in one area but my vet said it is normal. I have a week's worth of pain meds and antibiotic. The hardest thing is watching Speck trying to walk. She falls a lot and unfortunately she falls on her incision. She makes a face and starts to pant when this happens so obviously it hurts. Other then that she has managed to use the litter box a couple of times and she is eating. I am sure once we get past the first week she will be OK. Luckily I have my vet's home phone number and he said to call if I am at all concerned about her over the weekend. So to answer your question I think Speck is doing well considering she had a leg amputated. Thank you so much for asking and thank you to everyone who was thinking of us these last couple of days. BethT
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Beth~
Do you have one of those little kitty soft sided houses? Maybe Speck would go in there since she can't go under the bed. I think "injured" animals have an instinct to hide. I know Oscar has always loved to be under blankets, but since he became paralyzed, his favorite place to be is burried in the back of one of my closets. This next wee or so is going to be a big adjustment for both of you. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Cindi
BethT

Post by BethT »

Hi Cindi,

I actually did buy one of those padded tent beds. She was in it at first but now she is actually just laying on the bed in between some pillows. Again thanks. BethT