Other: Weird but true

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Friend2Dogs

Other: Weird but true

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I have three other dogs beside my Mason . Anyway yesterday my husband and I were sitting at table drinking coffee, when the three dogs went nuts barking and run out the door. We followed and at the fence was a beautiful young Basset( looked like Mason when he was younger) He would not let us touch him but stood there wagging his tail and panting.No tags on his collar. My husband went to open garage door while I run in to get a bowl of water. we both went out seperate doors and the dog was gone. we looked and looked and no Basset, our neighbors said no one near us has a Basset.May be only one more in this small town and old dog. Mike ,Molly and Brutty sat outside whining and would not come in for a long time. I know this may sound stupid ,but a peace came over me like it was Mace came to say he was fine and young again.
Mary and Roxy

Re: Other: Weird but true

Post by Mary and Roxy »

Friend2Dogs
I got goose bumps reading that.Thers no doubt it was mason, years ago I had a dog that passed and a couple weeks after I had the same experence your talking about. She looked just like my Coty when she was younger, when I went in the house to get to the front yard she had vanished, A neighbor had been out side and i asked her which way the dog had went and her responce was what dog? she haddent seen a thing. I had figured I was just nuts but now reading this. I KNOW it was Coty.. Thanks for the goose bumps and nice little cry this morning ;o) Mary and Roxy
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I was not going to post it but I did . I felt it was him and my husband and other dogs did as well. I had been crying several times a day and I now know he is alright and am calm and at peace.I am glad to find out you had the same experience and I was not going crazy!! LOL
connie

Post by connie »

Friend2Dogs.
i had a toy poodle that i raised from birth on bottle for 15 years. when he died, my heart was broke, i cried for days. i lived next door in apt: to people that were always complaining of his barking and loud snoring at night( could hear through the walls). anyway the night after he died , i got phone calls all night from neighbors(they didn't know he died) telling me to shut spanky up so they could sleep. lol
it made me think he was telling me he would always be around, even to still drive pesky neighbors nuts. lol.
loved your story, mason's way to let you know he was healthy and young again? who knows? life is a mystery, love is a great bond my friend.

hugs,

connie and cricket
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Your story helped me and I had a good a laugh as I pictured the neighbors calling!, I agree life is a mystery and who knows?? I just know I have looked for this dog now for a couple of days and no dog. I was gona keep him if he had no one! My husband said no but he said no when my daughter found Mason at 8 weeks of age and I just said yes we are and we had him for almost 15 years.