News: might be deep pain again?

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Cindidoxiemom

Re: News: might be deep pain again?

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

I bet she is an absolute DOLL! What did A&M say they wanted the 1000 for? That must have included the myelogram. The initial exam will cost you nowhere near 1000 hon...take her in and let them do a neuro exam and then take it from there. A&M has some wonderful people...they love animals and they want to help. Take a book, soda, etc. you will probably be there for awhile, but I assure you..the treatment you and Lila will recieve there will be worth it. I took Oscar in without a referal hon. You might consider packing up Lila's crate, treats, water and telling A&M that you are on the way and that your vet will be sending the referal.
I really think you won't regret going to A&M. Surgery isn't cheap...oh my lord do I know that. Between Oscar and Hunter, I have paid for 3 IVDD surgeries and extensive hospital stays. There are also places to help with costs...credit care and others. They are listed in the files at Dodger's.
Again...keep me updated...I'm thinking of you guys!
Cindi
connie

to cindi, might be deep pain again?

Post by connie »

yes cindi , i agree. the vets always say 24 hours. but i was late getting cricket into surgery, somewhere around 36 hours, they gave me slim chance, but i insisted on it. am i glad i did, he has proven them wrong. the vet was supportive, just didn't want me to hope for nothing he said. well cricket wasn't nothing, he is my baby. if he could fight , so could i and the vets. it took a lot out of me, but he does the hard part. they are amazed at his progress now. i tell vets he reminds me of the story "I THINK I CAN, I KNOW I CAN" lol, can't remember what critter it was( sorry critters_) lol. anyway, vets are not perfect, but i wish they could offer more hope than they do. mine are on cricket's side now, but at first it was just me and my kid against all odds. that's why this site is so important, we can share our miracle stories, give hope to those who have none. i am not an expert, but if i can give 1 person some hope and advice, then cricket and i are blessed more! cricket sends slurps to all. he is at this moment walking around the room, each day is more progress, wheeeeeeeee!!!!

hugs,

connie
connie

cindi: Joint Isolations???? may i have the pages too?

Post by connie »

cindi, may i have those pages e mailed to me also?
i do the ones vet told me too and they work, i just EVERYTHING i can get my paws on. this boy gets a workout and i am ready to do anything more than i do already.
thanks your a pal,

connie
Jane Scott

Re: cindi: Joint Isolations???? may i have the pages too?

Post by Jane Scott »

Thanks, if you would email them it would be great. Anything to improve Harley's walking will be greatly appreciated. My email address is bjjscott@sympatico.ca. Jane
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Yeppers...need your email :D
connie

Post by connie »

cindi, email is conniecpu_99@yahoo.com
thanks so very much.

cricket sends you a wet sloppy slurp!

hugs,

connie