Cats: Maynard, tripod kitty *PIC*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Barbara

Cats: Maynard, tripod kitty *PIC*

Post by Barbara »

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a couple of months -- since Maynard made our house his home. Maynard is a grey tabby, about 1.5 years old, with left rear leg amputation (which was done when he was about 1 year old). He joined three other cats (1 is borderline CRF, one with IBD) and a dog (with allergies).

Maynard is very active. His usual means of getting around is "Run as fast as I can". We can tell when he is tired, he seems to limp more than usual. He is adjusting well here. Any advice is most welcome. (Although, Maynard does not really seem to be handicapped.)

This is a great forum. There is so much good information and so much support for each other.

critters
Founding Member

Re: Cats: Maynard, tripod kitty

Post by critters »

If he weren't a tripod he'd be the spitting image of Tad, my first!

I consider my tripods disfigured, not disabled, since they can do everything anybody else can do, although a rear tripod can't scratch as well and a front tripod can't wash 1/2 of her face.

Looks like Maynard's doing great!
Christine

Post by Christine »

Welcome "aboard" :0). Maynard is beautiful and seems like he has it all together...I think maybe we take their handicaps harder than they do and we learn from them everyday. You are among friend.

Love,

Christine and Bailey
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Isn't Maynard just a handsome guy!! He looks like "Go ahead, make my day" I know, I know, it sounds so cliche', but look at him, he looke like he means business!! Good for you for taking him in. I have a tripod dog who had a front leg amputation. I think for walking purposed, the hind leg amputation is better, but for potty reason, the front leg amps do better. In other words, they ALL DO GREAT!!

Stephanie Missy, still Tama
Monty
CarolC

Love the picture--Welcome! :) *NoMsg*

Post by CarolC »

Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

He looke like the cat I use to have ,her name was Millie . Mason and her were very good friends and are together again. Beautiful cat!!
Ginny Potterveld

Post by Ginny Potterveld »

Barbara,
Maynard's twin resides at my house! Except that he still has all his legs. Elf (I name my cats by alphabetical order) does have a very crooked tail that was broken before he came running out of the woods asking to be adopted. None of my neighbors had any idea where he came from, but think perhaps he was abandoned since we live way up in the mountains without many people near by. He now owns us, our two dogs and all our property! It's wonderful that Maynard has a good home!
Ginny
Toni

washing 1/2 of face!

Post by Toni »

Never thought about the 1/2 of face wash..that might explain another reason Bethany-Anne likes to sit with her "brothers and sisters" and get washed!
(Bethany-Anne is a front leg amputee (don't tell her though!)
critters
Founding Member

Yep.

Post by critters »

Tripoddy used to use my thumb to wash her face!