Other: sydney has passed away *PIC*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
linda

Other: sydney has passed away *PIC*

Post by linda »

i just wanted to let everyone know that sydney passed away earlier today. i had to make the decision to have her put to sleep. me and my 2 daughters and my husband were with her. it was so hard to leave. thanks to all for the help with questions that i had. when i thought she wasnt walking due to her right front shoulder elbow paw area, i thought it was due to the spinal problem, i noticed a large hard lump on her shoulder and the vet said today she was positive it was bone cancer. please pray for sydey, we loved her the 9 and 1/2 yrs we had her, she went to work with me at our office from the age of 8 wks till just this may. we told her to run and play with reba and shadow our two other dogs up in heaven. thanks everyone. linda

Christine

Re: Other: sydney has passed away

Post by Christine »

Dear Linda,

Sending you prayers and peace for your sweet Sydney...what a precious picture. I know this was hard for you, but it was a decision that could only be made you, your family and Sydney and it was made with love. She's playing with your babies now, healthy, strong and happy. Take care.

Love,

Christine and Bailey
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry for your loss. Mason has a new friend to play with and he is a good dog and will watch over yours for you. Friend2Dogs
Jean

Post by Jean »

Dear Linda,
I am so sorry about Sydney. You gave him a good life and made him comfortable at the end. He is at peace now and waiting and watching for you. My prayers are with you and your family./Jean
connie

Post by connie »

oh, tears for you and your family. how hard that must've been for you all. but now she is in heaven playing, romping and healthy as can be.
my heart goes out to you all. remember your in my prayers. you did all you could do.

hugs,

connie and cricket
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Oh, Linda, I am so very sorry...

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Sydney is just beautiful. And so loved. My heart breaks for you tonight. Sydney changed your life forever. That is the legacy of love.
Prayers for you and your family
Love, Karen & AllicksBlindPup, GabrielDeafBlindPup, St.JudeMiracleDog, AndiFeralKit and the big mama, AmbrrNanaDog...
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,
Cindi
Carol T.

Post by Carol T. »

What a sweet picture!! You spared Sydney the pain, and she began on her journey to heaven with her loving family at her side. She slipped gently into slumber feeling the love you all had for her. I have had to have several pets euthanized, and it is very, very hard. My heart goes out to you. Please take comfort in knowing you will see her again someday.
BethT

I am so so sorry

Post by BethT »

Dear Linda,

I am so so sorry about the passing of your dear Sydney. We all know the pain that you are going through. I myself lost my beloved cat Speck just 3 days ago. So I am grieving with you tonight. You did everything you could for Sydney and I am sure she knew how much she was loved. I remember a photo that you posted of her with your daughters hanging on to her. It was obvious how loved she was. Take some time to just let yourself cry and then you will start to emerge from the fog. Tonight I have begun to dig out all the photos of Speck and have started to place them throughout the house. And through the tears I am starting to be able to remember all the funny stories and great memories that I have because of this little cat. My heart truly goes out to you and your family.

Sincerely, BethT
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Dear Linda:

I am so very sorry about Sydney. I have been there; we put our twelve year old bulldog Roger down after he battled cancer. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make, but I have never been so sure that it was the right decision. When Roger passed, someone gave me the following poem, which I loved so much because it truly expressed the love I had for Roger and that I have for all my dogs. I hope it does the same for you.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;
My other ears that hear above the winds.
He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being by the way he rests his head against my leg;
By the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;
By the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive;
When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile;
When I am happy, his joy is unabounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.
When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another human;
With him, I am all powerful.

He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion.
With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.

He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.
His presence by my side is protection of my fears of dark and

unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me . . whenever . . . wherever - in case I need him.

And I expect I will, as I always have.
For he is my beloved dog.
Ginny Potterveld

Post by Ginny Potterveld »

What a lovely photo of Sydney. I am very sorry for your family's loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ginny
Carol T.

Simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! *NoMsg*

Post by Carol T. »

Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Oh Linda, how heartbreaking for you. You have been soo incredibly good to Sydney and Sydney has only reaped the benefits of your familys love. Good dogs are proof that their owners showered them with love and someday Sydney will run next to you again.

God Bless
Stephanie Missy, Monty
Remembering Tama
linda

Post by linda »

thanks so much to everyone for their sympathy on the loss of sydney. i am now here at work, though she hasnt been here since mid may its hard knowing she was "the queen" of the office. alot of people here miss her. especially her one favorite guy who got her breakfast and vitamins ready every morning when we came in. she loved him. when she slowed down, she was either sleeping under his desk or outside his office on her bed. of course their are the "fake" "i feel bad for you" people who really dont care but say they do. but i know who the true ones are and so did my syd. she had other favorites too. it will be very hard. i would like to get info on bone cancer in the shoulder wich is what the vet thought before syd passed away. i know in my heart so much we will be together again, me and my big "baby girlfriend". thanks all for the wonderful support and the great poem that brought tears to my eyes. thanks from the big girl syd too.
Dawn Thuma

Post by Dawn Thuma »

Linda,
My heart goes out to you & your family in this time of mourning. I will miss seeing Mike walking & brushing Sydney at lunch time!
Love ya,
Dawn