Legume is being slow to heal

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Legume is being slow to heal

Post by Bendy Kitty »

His poor little privates are still raw :( still bloody :(
He went back to the vet Monday.
We know he wasn't in his diaper while mom was away, but maybe he was bored and kept licking?

He is back on the antirobe, just in case. And also Panalog cream, mom is supposed to clean the are with peroxide first to help it dry.
It does seem to be working, tho. Things have scabbed over and are looking drier.
Vet also shaved him there - he did not like that at all!!

Vet doesn't want him wearing the diaper until he is all healed. Mom says she can't just have him cooped up in the cage all day watching everyone else play. So she let him out for a little while this morning. Then this evening she let him out for about a half hour. She closed one door, so he was in one room, and kept an eye on him as she played with toys. Legume is so hot for those toys that I don't want to get in his way!!!
I helped mom figure out when he was peeing by wrinkling up my nose and making an icky smell face. Then mom would sit him on a washcloth for a moment. He didn't like that either, he wanted to be playing! He squirmed and even growled once!
But at least he got to be out and running around.

How much time does Trixie get to be out? And is she out when no one is at home?

Bendy kitten
Alisa G

Re: Legume is being slow to heal

Post by Alisa G »

Poor Legume. Another thing to keep him dry--I use Johnson's Medicated Baby Powder after I clean her. Then I put the creamy Desitin on her. Her privates are still a little swollen--but much better. They don't get raw or bloody. I haven't got her "play pen" yet so she hasn't gone without the diaper. Since she has her diaper on she always has full run of the house.
I also have her on a new diet which is helping tremendously.
She is eating Carnique- which is a freeze dried raw meat diet. She sucks it down!!! She digests it almost completey. She has very small poop volume and they are very firm so they don't squish in her diaper and mash up into her urethra. Makes her easier to clean up too. Good luck!!!

Trixie's Page
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

diet for poop control

Post by Bendy Kitty »

mom has said that when he is a year old and doesn't have to be on kitten food anymore she will give him some of the odor/stool reducing food from Nutro. the cats downstairs have that as about 1/3 of their food. even in that small proportion it is helpful!

mom has to be careful what gets fed, in case some cute little kitten or his sibs happen to get some. we all have sensitive tummies.

mom says she might be able to get some of the stuff u mentioned and give it once a day so it would be part of his diet.

where do you get it? if it is freeze dried, can it be stored in a bag like regular food? and how much is it?

thanks! :)

oh, he is all scabbed over now.

Bendy kitten
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

banner on your page

Post by Bendy Kitty »

neat banner at the bottom of your page.
how'd u do that???

Bendy kitten
critters
Founding Member

I'm interested, too!! Too many IBDers around here. nm

Post by critters »

nm
Alisa G

Re: diet for poop control

Post by Alisa G »

It's called Carnique. I get it at a pet food store here in IL. They feed it to the big cats at Brookfield Zoo. I use the freeze dried--it also comes in a frozen form. I prefer the freeze dried--It comes in a bag. I keep it in a cabinet. If you rehydrate it it has to be discarded after a while since it can spoil. If you feed it dry it can be left out. I will find the web site for it. I can even send you some. Let me know.
Alisa G

Re: banner on your page

Post by Alisa G »

The spay/neuter banner is from Doghause. You can click their link on my page to get to them.
Alisa G

Re: I'm interested, too!!

Post by Alisa G »

It's past my bedtime and I'm getting brain freeze. I will find the site addy for you tomorrow OK??
Alisa G

Re: brain defrost on way

Post by Alisa G »

Thanks! I needed that!
The food is called Carnique.
It is made in Westchester Illinois
They have a web site that I can't seem to access.
It is www.carnique.com

Let me know--I can get samples and mail them to you.

Carnique
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

brain defrost on way

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Bendy curls up on your head and purrs
warm little purrs
slowly defrosting the poor, frozen brain.
hm, going slowly.
Bendy calls over Hermes, much bigger than Bendy and very fluffy and thinks a head is the best place to curl up anyway.

Between the two of us we should have you defrosted in no time.
:)

Bendy kitten
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

can't get to site, either :(

Post by Bendy Kitty »

can't seem to access their site either. get a thing that says "new site under construction" or some such message.

samples would be GREAT!!!!

Bendy kitten