New to board....Hello

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
firehawk2000

New to board....Hello

Post by firehawk2000 »

Hi everyone! :D I found this board through a google search, there is a ton of useful info on here. My Rottie Zeus had his hind leg amputated in August due to osteosarcoma. He is currently undergoing chemo and just completed his 3rd cycle yesterday.
He's doing quite well. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you guys know I'm glad I found this board, it's reassuring to find other people travelling similar journeys.
Pam
owned by:
Rotties Zeus & Zoe
Tiel Petey
Too Sammy
Keets Tiki & Pixie
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Welcome, Zeus and family!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

We are so glad to e-meet you.
Post a pic when you are able! :lol:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
luvmytripod

Post by luvmytripod »

Hi Pam,
welcome to the tripod tribe! How's he been doing since the surgery?
tessa

Post by tessa »

hi pam.
glad you found us!
Evie

Post by Evie »

Hiya & Welcome. :D
I'm another newbie on here. It's good to know we have somewhere to turn with questions on our tripods isn't it.
firehawk2000

Post by firehawk2000 »

Thanks everyone for the "welcomes" ! Zeus is doing really well, he goes for his 4th cycle of chemo on the 24th and 31st and we'll see from there..... He does seem to tire more quickly, but I just think that's to be expected. Maybe after he's done chemo he will have more energy. It's funny, things I think he can't do he surprises me. Last time I took him for chemo I was getting my stuff in the Tahoe and I had the driver's door open. I had to go back inside for something and when I came back out there he was sitting in the driver's seat ready to go! :D Makes me wonder why I've been lifting his big butt everytime to get him in & out of the back ? :? :lol: Anyway here's a pic of Zeus & Zoe, Zeus is on the left
Attachments
349444645%7Ffp34%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3A%3C4%3E%3A68%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A69%3B%3C%3B656nu0mrj.jpg
Pam
owned by:
Rotties Zeus & Zoe
Tiel Petey
Too Sammy
Keets Tiki & Pixie
Evie

Post by Evie »

What a gorgeous pair. :hearts:
honey'smummy

Post by honey'smummy »

Hi Pam....it is nice to know that there are people out there to share your worries with..you are right!Glad I found this site too....seemed like I was one on my own with Honey but this site has proved that I am not.Love to you and yours.Suexx :wub:
honey'smummy

Post by honey'smummy »

Hi Pam. How is Zeus doing? Honey has sarted to bottom shuffle...she tries to walk on her 3 legs but of course she has had an op. on her other back leg a week before her amputation so it will take a while I guess!! Hope to hear from you soon. :snoopy: xx
firehawk2000

Post by firehawk2000 »

Zeus goes tomorrow for his last chemo session, I'm glad but at the same time worried because at least w/chemo I felt I was DOING something. I did speak with his Dr last week and we will talk again tomorrow about what's next, he assured me that we won't be sitting back waiting for something to happen. Thanks for everyone's kind words :D
Pam
owned by:
Rotties Zeus & Zoe
Tiel Petey
Too Sammy
Keets Tiki & Pixie
kmouse

Post by kmouse »

Hi Pam

Nice to meet you and isn't this website great!! My dog had cancer also and is recommended chemo. He just had the surgery today and looks good. I am going to see a holister vet tomorrow and try to put him on herbs to help boost his immune system. I heard it works very well you might want to look into that. My friend's dog was diagnosed with mammory gland cancer and the vet said there wasnt really much they could do so she took the holister way after having the glands removed and three years later he still doing well. She has him on herbs and a changed diet. so just to share that info. Glad your dog is doing well. Im scared about how my dogis going to get around when he comes home. I have stairs. any suggestions??

thanks Kerri
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hello Pam

Welcome to the forum. How is your boy Zeus doing? How did the meeting with the doctor go. He and his sister are very good looking dogs. It is do nice to have two because there are some things only another dog can do in the healing process. They don't baby like we have a tendancy to do. I have a tripod
Luke going on one year post amputation. I always wish it never happened, but he probably wouldn.t be here if I didn't have the surgery. This forum was so encouraging to me when I was feeling sorry for myself. Please keep us informed and I am hoping for the best possible outcome for your beautiful boy.

Donna