Johanna's leg broke tonight

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
Paul Coover

Johanna's leg broke tonight

Post by Paul Coover »

Well, it finally happened. Johanna broke her leg tonight. She fought off the infection, the wound was healing, but her leg broke.

I spoke with the vet tonight and we have to bring her in to the office on Monday. She is in no pain and has no infection, so the vet said to wait until Monday. As long as the wound is kept clean and bandaged she will be fine until then.

So, Jojo may be losing her other back leg this week. Not what we were hoping, but at least she is in no pain. In fact, she is her usual happy self.
Weinerdogs Rule!
-Paul Coover
http://www.myspace.com/paulcoover

Hello from Kebo, Riley, Willy, Johanna, Pork Chop, Auggie, Buddy, Sadie & Spartacus.

We miss you Pedro...
Christine

Re: Johanna's leg broke tonight

Post by Christine »

That little girl is such an inspiration. I am glad she is not in any pain. Is it definite that they have to amputate? I am sorry this happened. :grouph:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Glad she seems OK otherwise. I'm trying to figure how it will be for her dragging later. My dog drags on her hip. I wonder if Johanna will need a drag sack for protection.
Paul Coover

Post by Paul Coover »

Well, it is official that Johanna will need to have her leg amputated, yes. I have already thought about the dragging and I am getting some scoot sacks for her.
Weinerdogs Rule!
-Paul Coover
http://www.myspace.com/paulcoover

Hello from Kebo, Riley, Willy, Johanna, Pork Chop, Auggie, Buddy, Sadie & Spartacus.

We miss you Pedro...
Christine

Post by Christine »

Bless her heart...I will be praying for her speedy return to mobility.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08