Pawless Puppy

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
CavLover

Pawless Puppy

Post by CavLover »

HI everyone, I am new here not sure if this is the best place to post this. I work with the Cavalier rescue in Phoenix, but heading out to MO this weekend to pickup a 6-8 week old Cavalier puppy who is also missing it's right front paw. I was told the stup is grown over with hair and they think the mother might have chewed off the paw. We were just called because the breeder said they were just going to throw him out the window if someone didn't come get him. He's only 2.1 lbs. and we just LOVE him already.

What can I expect with a puppy who is missing a front paw?? Any help, tips, thoughts would be wonderful!! Thank you!!

Kate
critters
Founding Member

Re: Pawless Puppy

Post by critters »

:slant: In all likelihood the baby will be fine; tripods almost always are. Some people do prosthetics, but they aren't always necessary. I consider tripods disfigured, not disabled, because they can do anything anybody else can do!