advice on adopting my first 3 legged cat?

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
nuclearcupcake

advice on adopting my first 3 legged cat?

Post by nuclearcupcake »

My husband and I have been considering adopting Jack the 1 year old 3 legged cat. He pretty much made up his mind that we are going to be his new parents and our 2 yr old son was going to be his new big brother! He is missing his back right leg. This is our first experience with a 3 legged kitty. He lost his leg pretty young in life and seems to have accepted life with 3 legs. All the information I have found so far online is helping your cat deal with an amputation which doesn't seem to apply to him. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice or things to consider when bringing him into our home. Should we just bring him home and treat him like our 4 legged cat we already have at home and make adjustments as needed? Any advice on making this transition for him as easy as possible would be wonderful!
critters
Founding Member

Re: advice on adopting my first 3 legged cat?

Post by critters »

nuclearcupcake wrote: Should we just bring him home and treat him like our 4 legged cat we already have at home l!
Yup! :D Tripods are just like everbody else, just noisier! They thump when they run, but that's it! Front tripods aren't able to wash 1/2 of their faces, and back ones may not be quite the jumpers that their counterparts are, but I consider tripods disfigured instead of disabled.